Jaundice is a condition, wherein the whites of the eyes and the skin get the yellow color. Modern medicine does not consider it to be an issue actually, but it is a symptom of some issues in the liver like cirrhosis of liver, gallstones or infection. When it comes to ayurveda, this condition is referred to as kaamala.
Experts state that this condition is caused because of increased intake of sour, salty, spicy and oily foods, alcohol, increase in the alkaline intake and taking foods when they are very hot are some of the reasons behind this condition. These foods can increase the level of pitta in the body. This increased level, will generally impair the blood and the muscle tissues present in the liver, thereby causing blockage in the channels of the liver. This makes the pitta to get back to the blood, thereby leading to color change in the skin and in the eyes.
There are also other causes behind this health issue according to ayurveda and they are sleeping at daytime, suppressing the nature calls, excessive physical work and sexual activity and psychological factors like stress, anger, fear and lust can also cause this condition.
• Decrease in libido level or complete loss of this level
• Excessive thirst
• Low-grade fever
• Burning sensation in the body
• Lack of appetite
• Yellow color in eye white, nails and in the skin
• Weakness and drowsiness
What does ayurveda says?
The ayurvedic treatment for this condition involves bringing down the aggregated energy levels in the body with the help of herbs that can improve the functioning of liver and can increase the flow of bile in the bile duct. To make sure that the patient can get an increased rate of metabolism, digestion is restored with the help of customized diet plan.
Lifestyle changes and diet advice from Ayurveda:
Generally, patients seeking ayurvedic remedies for this issue will be adviced to make the following lifestyle and diet changes:
• It is better to follow a vegetarian diet and heavy, oil, spicy and hot foods should be avoided.
• It is better to keep away from refined flour, aerated drinks, alcoholic beverages, chocolates, pastries, cakes and preserved foods.
• It is better to increase the intake of whole-wheat flour and fruits and vegetables like amla, grapes, radish, bananas, mangoes, cardamom, almonds, raisins and similar foods
• It is better to keep away from stress and anxiety and stressful conditions should be avoided as much as possible
• Complete rest is important
• It is better to avoid working under sun and near furnaces and boilers.
Ayurveds also recommends the following home remedies for patients with this health issue:
• Bitter guard extract can be taken in the quantity of one-fourth cup daily in the morning in early hours
• For a period of 10 days, the patients are advised to take a spoon pulp of Indian aloe vera with dry ginger powder and black salt every morning..
|It may be helpful to you:|
|Ayurvedic Treatment for Asthma|
|Ayurveda for Osteoporosis|
|Best Ayurvedic Herbs Used as Dietary Supplements|