Ayurvedic herbs play an essential role in the old system of healing; these are used as dietary supplements. Nowadays popularity of Ayurveda is growing. There are many useful ayurvedic herbs about which people should get to know. Below is the list of best ayurvedic herbs which are beneficial for many specific and common diseases-
Ginseng is a very popular component of dietary supplements.It has many medicinal and therapeutic uses. There are no possible side effects or contradictions of taking Ginseng. Let us understand few important medicinal uses of Ginseng.
- It stimulates the proper mental and physical activity coordination in tired patients.
- Ginseng has been found very useful in treating cancer.
- It calms down the excess anxiety level of the brain so it acts as a good sedative and tranquillizer for the brain.
- It can lower cholesterol level and high blood pressure.
- It improves the fertility factor of men.
Omega-3 are polysaturated fatty acids which have a very good effect on the heart. An important principal fatty acid Omega-3 and Omega-9 which along with Omega-3 have very good therapeutic properties. People who eat fish, have fewer heart problems, less risk of diabetes, high blood pressure and cancer than those people who consume red meat. This is because of the consumption of polyunsaturated fatty acids present in cold water fish and other marine animals. Omega-3 benefits are given below-
- The consumption of omega three can prevent heart attacks, high blood pressure and arteriosclerosis.
- Consumption of Omega 3 lowers the rate of formation of triglycerides; they help in reducing blood cholesterol.
- It reduces the risk of heart diseases because it lowers the blood cholesterol levels and low cholesterol is good for the heart. It also lowers the triglycerides,these are the facts that indicate obesity and heart attack chances.
- It helps to maintain a normal blood pressure, so its consumption is very good for the heart.
- It relieves the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome in ladies.
- It also is beneficial for minimising or slowing down the bad effects from the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- It has a good control over slowing down the malignancy of tumors or cancers of the body.
- It can prevent the chances of developments of rheumatoid arthritis.
- It has a good effect on skin as well; it can reduce the chances of skin diseases like Psoriasis and Eczema.
(It is also called as the “The Millionaire Tree)”. It is a native plant of China and Japan. There are many medical uses of ayurvedic herbs named as Gingko Biloba:.
- It is a good antispasmodic, anti allergic, antioxidant.
- It stimulates the brain and increases memory as well as concentration.So many professionals and students consume it for increasing brain power and concentration.
- It is known to improve fertility in men and thus fight the problem of impotence.
- Ginkgo causes the dilation of vessels which allows a greater quantity of blood to circulate., and thus blood pressure is lowered.
- Ginkgo Biloba is also an excellent antioxidant. It prevents the general deterioration of the body. It helps to destroy free radicals
- A regular dose is 40 mg. of Ginkgo extract per day can be consumed.
This ayurvedic herb is well known for its sweetening properties. Its roots have powerful medicinal and therapeutic properties.It has been used by the Chinese people for many years. The father of medicine, Hippocrates called it as sweet root. Let us know the important medicinal properties of Licorice:
- It is very helpful in treating Gastric and Duodenal Ulcers.
- It is very helpful for those people who drink alcohol, coffee, take aspirin or others medications which can irritate their stomach.
- It is a very good proven remedy for a cough, colds, asthma, and various other respiratory illness and troubles.
- It can detoxify the liver, so it is helpful in treating Hepatitis and cirrhosis of the liver.
- The premenstrual syndrome occurs due to an imbalance of estrogen and progesterone. Licorice balances the effect of hormones, and it can help in controlling the difficulties of premenstrual syndrome. Licorice should be taken 8 to 10 days before menstruation to prevent the symptoms.
Alfalfa is a very popular and nutritious food. It can be taken in the form of tea, sprinkled on meals, or in the form of tablets. It acts as a health tonic as well.
Garlic or (Allium Sativum) is very closely related to onion ; it has many medicinal properties.
- It has the property of healing scars.
- It builds our immunity towards common cold.
- It lowers cholesterol and blood pressure and hence prevents the heart disease.
- Asthma patients must not consume garlic as it may show side effects.