Loss of fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy is referred to as miscarriage. Some women face this problem frequently and so it is important that they should take some precautionary measures for prevention of recurrence. Ayurveda states that holding the fetus in the womb and delivering it at the proper time is taken care by apan vayu and when there is a dysfunction in this vayu, it can lead to abortion in women.
Experts are of the opinion that a wide range of physical and mental health issues can lead to abortion in some women. Some of these factors contributing towards the same include:
• Malnutrition in mother
• Infections in her body
• Uterine abnormalities like incompetent uterus
• Hormonal imbalance like imbalance in the level of progesterone hormone, thyroid problems
• Stress and mental traumas
• Medicines that increase the heat in the body
• Drugs, alcoholism and smoking
• Presence of congenital abnormalities in the baby
• Kidney problems and high blood sugar level in the mother
When an abortion happens, a lady will experience the following symptoms:
• Abdominal pains/cramps
• Heavy vaginal bleeding
Ayurevdic experts are of the opinion that this sort of abortion can occur if the ovum and the sperm were deficient in nutrients at the time of conception. It is also stated that poor digestion can lead to impaired production of body tissues, inclusive of reproductive fluids, due to accumulation of ama at the cellular level. This might result in formation of weak ovum or sperm and poor digestion can affect the growth of the fetus as the tissue will not get the essential nourishment. Ayuredic herbal treatment for this problem generally aims at restoring the digestive processes both in the cellular level and gastro-intestinal tract. Here, the ayurvedic specialist will also give herbs for strengthening and toning the reproductive system and for calming the mind of the lady to ensure healthy pregnancy.
Diet and lifestyle advice:
Apart from herbal medicines, women facing this problem are also recommended by ayurvedic experts to follow some lifestyle changes like those mentioned below:
• Doing meditation will help in calming the mind to a great extent
• Women facing this problem should stay protected from mental traumas, exertion, poisons and pollutants
• They should take nutritious and mild foods
• During pregnancy, mental traumas, mental stresses, hectic traveling and improper traveling should be totally avoided
• To reduce the risk of abortion, women experiencing this problem again and again are recommended to clean the uterus by taking uterine enema before they try to conceive
• It is recommended that women can take Panchakarma treatment before conception
• When both partners take appropriate preparation method, they can bring down the possibility of abortion.
Apart from these things, women with this issue, when they conceive can listen to relaxing music to stay mentally calm, while taking nutritional foods to stay physically fit and healthy.