A peptic ulcer is an acute or chronic duodenal ulcer occurring in a portion of the digestive tract that is accessible to gastric secretion. An active peptic ulcer does not occur in the absence of acid peptic gastric secretions. The decreased tissue resistance and hyper secretion of hydrochloric acid also responsible for the ulceration.
Causes of ulcer:
The most ulcers develop as a result of infection with a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). Some other factors that aggravate the ulcer :-
1. Smoking. Smoking increases the chances of getting an ulcer and contributes to ulcer recurrence.
2. Caffeine: Caffeine stimulates acid secretion in the stomach, which can aggravate the pain of an existing ulcer.
3. Stress: emotional stress is longer cause of ulcers, people with ulcers often that emotional stress increases ulcer pain.
|You must also Read:|
|Ayurveda for Memory Loss|
|Quit the Smoking Addiction with Ayurveda|
|Do you want to make Healthy Life! know more about balanced diet as per Ayurveda|
5. Constant tension and worry, sorrow.
6. Extra dry/fat free dietetic recipes.
7. Frequent consumption of cold and stored food consumption.
8. Frequent consumption the fermented materials like alcohol.
9. Irregular eating habit.
10. Late night working.
11. Over exertion.
12. Severe injuries leading to stress.
Duodenal ulcer symptoms:
1Avoid over-the-counter pain relievers such as aspirin and NSAIDS as these irritate the stomach lining and may also prevent a bleeding ulcer from healing.
5. Do not take excessive Iron supplements and this can also irritate the stomach lining.
6. Drinking an infusion of the herb licorice is said to stimulate mucus secretion by the stomach. This should not be taken for more than a few days.
7. Reducing stress and anxiety also helps reduce symptoms. Meditation, yoga, music therapy, acupuncture, massages, acupressure are all useful remedies in reducing stress.
8. Alsarex is a herbal ayurvedic formulation which is excellent for relieving symptoms and promoting the healing of peptic ulcers.
Duodenal ulcer treatment:
1. Amalaki ghrita and shatavari ghrita and Sukumara ghrita is the medicine of choice for this disease. This should be given two tsp on an empty stomach mixed with a cup of warm milk.
2. Shakha Bhasma or Maha Shankha Vati 2 tab twice a day after meal.
3. Avipattikar Churna 1 tsp before meal twice a day.
4. Kamdudha ras – 125 mg.
5. Mukta sukti pisti -125 mg.
6. Sut shekar ras-1 gm + praval panchamrit – 2.5 mg. divide in 20 dose , 1 twice a day with fresh haldi juice.
7. Kumariasav- 4 tsp+ ½ cup of water ,take twice a day after meal.
Dr. Amit Adhana
|It may be helpful to you:|
|Ayurvedic Treatment for Asthma|
|Ayurveda for Osteoporosis|
|Best Ayurvedic Herbs Used as Dietary Supplements|