Urethritis is nothing, but the inflammation of urethra. In general, for patients with urinary tract infections, there will be difficulty in urinating and sometimes they might experience pus, bleeding, burning sensation and pain while urinating. When it comes to infection of urinary tract, it might be confined to the urinary bladder, prostate or the urethra. In such cases, the features of systemic illness are occasionally experienced by patients and the symptoms are those similar to dysuria. Ayurveda, the alternative medicine has conducted studies on such conditions under the name of Moortrakruchhra, which means dysuria.
What are the causes of urethritis?
Modern science believes that this condition is caused due to different fungal or bacterial infections, injuries or radiation or chemicals. But, ayurveda believes that it is caused due to the following reasons:
• Excessive intake of food
• Over exertion
• Excessive alcohol consumption
• Dryness in the body due to food or climate changes and
• Substances that increase the natural heat in the body
Patients with this condition will experience the following symptoms in general:
• Blood in urine or semen in men
• Difficulty in lovemaking episodes
• Discharge in vagina in women or in urethra
• Sweltering pain in the urethra when urinating
Ayurvedic view of the condition:
According to ayurveda, the apan vayu is responsible for elimination of urine form the body. When there is disturbance in this vayu, it will lead to problems in urination. One such disease as per ayurveda is Mootrakruchhra, which is classified into different kinds like vataj mootrakruchhra, pittaj mootrakruchhra and kaphaj mootrakruchhra. As the name of these types denotes, they are associated with different types of doshas as per ayurveda. There is also another type called as sannipatik mootrakruchhra, which is caused by vitiation of all three doshas. The line of treatment under ayurvedic system of medicine involves the removal of infection with internal detoxification, removing of blockages and cleansing of the urinary tract in combination with herbs for toning the kidneys and for normalizing the functioning of apan vayu.
Diet and lifestyle changes recommended by ayurveda specialists:
Here are the recommendations given by ayurvedic specialists for patients taking ayurvedic treatment for urethritis:
• For prevention of problems associated with urinary system, it is always important for every individual to drink adequate quantity of water and other liquids every day. Particularly, those spending longer hours in an air-conditioned room or car will experience dryness in the urinary tract, which will generally lead to urinary problems. So, drinking enough water is even more important for these people.
• In addition, those living in humid conditions and those, who sweat more will experience reduction of water content in the body. Even, this can lead to urinary issues. These people should also drink plenty of water and other juices.
• Keeping hydrated is highly important not only for patients with this condition, but also for those, who wish to prevent this health issue as well as per ayurveda.