The Tibetan medical system is one of the world's oldest known medical traditions. It is an integral part of Tibetan culture and has been developed through many centuries. Origin of the Tibetan medical tradition is as old as civilisation itself.
About Dr.Yeshi Dhonden:
- Dr Yeshi Dhonden was born in the Tibetan year of the Fire Rabbit on 15th June 1927, to a prosperous farming family in the village of Yamdro in a district called Hlo-go, close to Lhasa, in Tibet.
- Dr.Yeshi Dhonden, the personal physician to His Holiness the Dalai Lama (1960-1980), is a renowned traditional Tibetan Medical Doctor and one of the worlds foremost living authorities on Tibetan Medicine.
- At age six his parents sent him to a small monastery comprised of approximately 400 monks. Because of his exceptional abilities in memorization, at age eleven he was sent to Men Tsee Khang the Medical Collage in Lhasa, the capital of Tibet. While there, he memorised the Four Medical Tantras and then entered into formal training under the director of the College, Venerable Dr Kyen-rab Nor-bu (b 1883-1962), who served as personal physician to both H.H. the 13th and 14th Dalai Lamas.
- Dr Dhonden began his medical practice in 1951, returning to his home district and developing a high reputation for his great skill. When His Holiness the Dalai Lama fled from the Chinese Communists in 1959, Dr Dhonden also decided to leave Tibet for India where he began treating Tibetan Refugees.
- In 1960, at the request of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Dr Dhonden was appointed to be his personal physician, and he moved to Dharamsala. There he also took on the challenge of founding Men Tsee Khang, the Tibetan Medical College. He was both Director and principal teacher until 1979.
- Over the last 50 years, Dr Dhonden has successfully treated patients with all kinds of maladies.
- One of his specialities is cancer. He has treated thousands of cancer patients from all over the world, including women with breast cancer. The rate of survival for people treated with ancient Tibetan herbal therapies with or without adjunct Western cancer treatments appears to be much higher than those receiving allopathic cancer treatments alone.
- Other diseases those are successfully cured are AIDS, Brain Tumours, Multiple Sclerosis, Hepatitis, Leukemia, Stroke, Stomach Cancer.
Visiting a Tibetan Doctor:
If you wish to see Dr Dhonden or another Tibetan physician, it is best to avoid spicy foods, coffee, black tea, and alcohol the night before. Then the first thing to do in the morning, is getting a sample of the first urine (when you go to see the Dr). Next go to the clinic around 5:00 AM (The Sooner the Better) and be the first few to get the coupon (For the Day mentioned on the coupon) when distribution starts at 10:00 AM. Depending on your number, go back to the clinic on the day mentioned on coupon by 9:00 AM, Sunday through Friday. Keep in mind that on especially busy days, the numbers may be all gone early. The clinic closes for lunch around noon time for about 30 minutes and is closed on Saturday.
Dr Yeshi Dhonden Clinic:
Dr Yeshi Dhonden Tibetan Herbal Clinic,
Ashoka Niwas, Mcleod Ganj - 176219
Dharamsala, (H.P.), CouponIndia
How to get Coupon (Appointment) :
Line for Coupon Starts at Morning 5 A.M.
Coupon Distribution starts at 10 A.M. (Coupon will enable one person to consult the DoThe coupon
Hours :will be given for after 3 days. (if you take token on Sunday then you will get appointment for Wednesday)
Notice :Sunday to Friday 9:00 A.M - 3:00 P.M (Closed on Saturday)
Dr Yeshi Dhonden sees only 60 Patients a day.
Ph : +91 1892-221461 (Contact Only between 9:00 A.M - 1:00 P.M)
Dr Yeshi Dhonden Clinic has no access to email, Patients are advised to send copies of test reports directly to Dr Yeshi Dhonden Clinic address for further advise / treatment. Though it is always better to visit someone from Patient's family along with reports if Patient is not in condition to visit the clinic.