Gum disease is also called as Periodontitis, and It is caused by Plaque. It begins with the growth and infection of bacteria in the mouth, these bacteria cause damage to the teeth, they also destroy the tissues around the teeth.The result can be tooth loss. It is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. Because gum disease is usually painless, you may not know you have it. The gum disease occurs after gum inflammation which is also called as Gingivitis. When gingivitis is untreated, it can result in Periodontitis.
Causes of Gum Disease:
- Bacteria can be trapped with food particles between the gums and teeth.
- Smoking can be harmful to gums.
- Lack of oral hygiene is one of the commonest causes.
- Breathing through the mouth is also the very common cause.
- Hormonal changes in men and women can be important causes also.
- Genetic reasons are also responsible.
- Diseases such as AIDS and cancer can be few reasons.
- Diabetes patients are more at risk.
Symptoms of Gum Disease:
Important Confirmatory Tests for Gum Disease:
X-Rays can show if there is any bone loss.
Treatment of Periodontal Disease:
General Homoeopathic medicines for Gum Disease:
Home Remedies for Periodontitis:
Do’s for Gum Disease:
Important Dont’s for Gum Disease:
- Do not eat too hot or too cold food in case of sensitivity.
- Do not try self-medications because that may complicate your case.
|You must also Read:|
|How to Get Rid from Gum Disease - Periodontitis|
|Teeth Care Tips|
|Ayurvedic Remedies For Teeth Whitening|
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Top 3 Kitchen Ingredients To Soothe Your Tooth Ache|
|Does Your Wisdom Tooth Trouble You?|
|FAQs on Root Canal Therapy|