Ques. 1 What are the causes of Abortion? What are the types of Abortion? What are the Complications of Abortion?
Ans. This is the termination of pregnancy before 28th weeks where the product of conception is expelled either completely or incompletely manifested by vaginal haemorrhage is called as Abortion.
Ques. 2 Elaborate the case of unwanted pregnancy.
Ans. Particular attention can be given to uterine size and position, gynecologic disorders, psychiatric disorders, asthma, allergies, bleeding disorders, and cardiovascular or renal disease. The importance of accurate gestational dating cannot be overstated. Routine laboratory tests to be performed should include pregnancy tests, urine analysis, haematocrit, Rh typing, V.D.R.L., culture for gonococci etc.)
Evaluation of the Patient Requesting Abortion (Unwanted Pregnancy)
Patients give valid reasons for requesting an elective abortion. Some of these reasons are externally imposed by parents, spouse, or peers. Every effort should be made to ascertain that the patient is requesting an abortion for authentic personal reasons. Also, one should be certain that patient has freedom of choice among other methods of solving the problem of unwanted pregnancy, such as adoption or single parenthood.
|You must also Read:|
|FAQs on Ayurveda|
|FAQs on Root Canal Therapy|
|CAUSES OF ABORTION DURING EARLY PREGNANCY|
Social agency help should be made available. A complete medical and social history and physical examination are required.
Ques. 3 What are the causes of abortion?
Ans. Cause of abortion – The causes can be classified as follows, but in many cases, we don’t know any cause –
(A) Abnormalities of the Foetus, e.g.
- Poisons, viz. lead, quinine etc.
- Radiological effect.
(B) Maternal Causes
- General maternal disease
- essential hypertension,
- acute infection, e.g., pneumonia, typhoid, appendicitis, malaria, cholera, pyelonephritis;
- scarlet fever,
- erysipelas may lead to abortion,
- chronic wasting disease,
- Toxoplasmosis, rubella etc.
- Chronic nephritis,
Local abnormality of the mother, e.g., (i) displacement of the uterus (retroverted uterus), (ii) fibromyoma, (iii) cervical incompetence, (iv) surgical operations, (v) abnormalities of the placenta and membranes, viz. placenta praevia. (vi) Local abnormality of the genitalia,
- Dietetic deficiency, e.g., deficiency of Vit. E., Folic Acid etc.
- Drugs – e.g., deficiency of Vit5
Ques. 4 Which Homoeopathic remedies are useful in case of Abortion?
Ans. Homoeopathic Remedies for Treatment of Abortion:
- CIMICIFUGA – Habitual abortion in women with rheumatic tendencies; pains fly across the abdomen from side to side, esp. from right to left; confusions with the labour-pains.
- IPECAC – Continual nausea, without a moment’s relief. Cutting pains about umbilicus; profuse and continuous discharge of bright-red blood, with pressure downward.
- SABINA – Threatened abortion, more esp. about the 3rd months with profuse flow of black, partly fluid and partly clotted blood; severe pains extending from back to pubis. Women who habitually miscarry.
- AMBRA – Threatening abortion, with the tendency to convulsions, in excitable women.
- ARNICA – Abortion in consequence of a shock, injury, after a fall, blow or concussion, esp. if labour pains set in, with a discharge of blood or serous mucous. Sore feeling all through the patient, as if from a bruise.
- SECALE COR – Threatened abortion in later months; esp. after the miscarriage. Copious flow of black, liquid blood. Want of action in the uterus. Passage haemorrhage in thin, scrawny, cachectic women.
- CANTHARIS – Threatened abortion from congestion or ulceration of the cervix uteri. Retention of the placenta.
- CAULOPHYLLUM – Threatened abortion, with severe pains in back and loins, but uterine contractions feeble; slight flow. Also for habitual abortion. Want of action in the uterus.
- PULSATILLA – Labor-like pains were alternating with haemorrhage. The discharges are arrested for a little while, then returns with redoubled violence. Suffocative spells; Chilly patient.
- SEPIA – Abortion from 5th to 7th months; feeling of heaviness in abdomen and sense of weight in anus like a heavy ball, piles; induration of os and cervix; constipation.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|FAQs on DIARRHEA|
|FAQs on ASTHMA|
|FAQs on HEPATITIS|