Ques. 1 What is liver cirrhosis?
Ans. Cirrhosis is a degenerative process of the liver where an inflammation and aging of the cells and tissues is produced.
Ques. 2 What are the symptoms of cirrhosis?
Ans. The principle cause of cirrhosis is the excessive consumption of alcohol, although it can be caused by hepatitis of poor nutrition also.
Temperature, indigestion, and constipation or diarrhea, jaundice (liver disease which causes the skin to become yellow), ascites (accumulation of serious fluid in the abdominal cavity). Subsequent problems include anemia, inflammation of the liver and gall bladder problems.
Ques. 3 What Suggestions should be given for cirrhosis?
Ans. Eliminate milk, eggs, pork and all nuts since they can interfere with the functioning of the liver. If there is an inflammation in the liver, eliminate fatty foods like butter, margarine, milk & cheese, coffee, salt, pepper and stimulants.
The Liver – The liver is the largest gland in the body, as well as the only organ that can reproduce itself if part of it is eliminatedIncludes eating large amount of vegetable proteins (eliminate all meat protein), that will serve to strengthen damaged tissues, and B-complex as a compliment vitamin, especially B1, and the vitamins C, D, K.
Start a diet high in calories and high in carbohydrates, which will regenerate the damaged cells.
If jaundice is present (yellowing), lower the consumption of food that contain vitamins A, E, D, & K.
Ques. 4 What are the functions of liver?
Ans. The functions of liver are
- Accumulate the excess of vitamins A, B12 & D for future use.
- Control blood sugar in the body into glycogen (glucose) and store it, to be reconverted into sugar when the body needs energy
- Production of bile that is accumulated in the gall bladder (pear shaped muscular sac under the liver). Bile is necessary for digesting fats by emulsifying them into little bubbles, which are absorbed later.
- Help bile to absorb vitamins A, D, E, K and calcium
- Produce fat from foods that the body does not use, fat that is later transported through the blood and accumulated as body fat (in the stomach and other areas)
- Control blood sugar, acting on the hormone thyroxin, responsible for cellular metabolism
- Help in the synthesis of fatty acids and sugars as well as in the production of cholesterol and in the oxidation of fats to produce energy
- Along with the kidneys, detoxify the body
Ques. 5 Write about Detoxification of liver?
Ans. A fasting for three days on juice is recommended (orange and grape).
Also, it is recommended that you cleanse the colon and intestine with “Shankh Prakshalan” (This is to be done strictly in the presence of a qualified person and should never be done alone). This is only method of detoxification of the entire digestive tract, where the entire intestine is cleaned. In this method it is recommended to drink at least 7-10 liters of lukewarm water till one gets complete watery stool. Thereafter, stop drinking water. The entire procedure may take about 3-5 hours. Ones it is done the person must eat only “Kichidi”, the consistency should be similar to soup (made by boiling rice with Moong Dal). Mix a spoon of “Pure Ghee”. The procedure of “Shankh Prakshalan” Should be repeated only after 3 months duration. One can also use an enema of lemon and water 2 times a week, since there are a lot of toxins concentrated in colon that can go to the liver and kidneys.
Ques. 6 Which medicines in homoeopathy are good liver tonics?
Ans. Chelidonium and Ceanothus work well for liver.