Ques. 1 What is Coma?
Ans. It is a state of profound unconsciousness from which the patient cannot be aroused, even by powerful stimuli.
Ques. 2 What are the causes of Coma?
Ans. Causes :
- Renal failure,
- Heat hyperpyrexia,
- Hypopituitary and hypothyroid coma,
- Pulmonary embolism and carbon-oxide narcosis,
- Alcohol or opium or barbiturates poisoning.
- Coronary thrombosis and stokes Adams syndrome,
- Head injury (concussion), C.V.A., Meningitis, encephalitis, cerebral tumour, epilepsy etc.
- Diabetic coma,
- Hypoglycaemic coma,
- Hepatic coma
Ques. 3 What are the clinical features of Coma?
Ans. Clinical Features :
- Absolute flaccidity of the hand and feets.
- Asymmetry of the mouth and lower face which puffs in and out with respiration.
- Unable to swallow fluids.
- Pupils are insensitive to light.
Ques. 4 What are the investigations of Coma?
|You must also Read:|
|FAQs on Ayurveda|
|FAQs on Root Canal Therapy|
|CAUSES OF ABORTION DURING EARLY PREGNANCY|
(1) CAMPHOR – After injuries or shock the whole surface of body cold and clammy; face pale and bluish, unconsciousness.
(2) OPIUM – Breathing rapid, stertorous ; tubular at long intervals ; eyes fixed unequally; face pale or livid ; injuries of brain, shock and concussion, unconsciousness..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|FAQs on DIARRHEA|
|FAQs on ASTHMA|
|FAQs on HEPATITIS|