Ques : 1 What is Dysentery?
Ans : Dysentery is an acute inflammation of the large intestine characterised by diarrhoea with blood and mucous in stools associated with tenesmus.
Ques : 2 Describe shigellosis or Acute Dysentery?
Ans : Bacillary dysentery is caused by infection of the wall of the large gut by species of bacteria of the genus Shigella. There are four groups (Shigella) are recognized, viz.
- Boydii, and
- Sonnei, Incubation period – usually 1 to 7 days.
- Dysenteria (most virulent),
Pathology : There is a generalized inflammation of the large bowel, which sometimes involves the lower part of the small intestine. The mucosa is a red and swollen with layer of mucous; there are patchy hemorrhagic areas. Ulcers can be formed and the adjacent lymph nodes are enlarged.
Ques : 3 What are the symptoms of acute dysentery?
Ans : Clinical Features : Acute onset.
On Examination :
Prognosis : It depends on the virulence of the organism, susceptibility and constitutions of the individual early diagnosis and proper treatment.
Ques : 4 What is the treatment of dysentery?
Ans : The treatment of dysentery are:-
Ques : 5 Which Homoeopathic medicines work well in dysentery?
Ans : (1) NITRIC ACID – Stools profuse bloody, Before stool, drawing, colicky pain, During stool, tenesmus and spasmodic contraction of anus. Long-lasting pains after stool, very exhausting Spreading ulcers in mouth with fetid breath.
(2) MERC. COR.- Stools pure blood. Or bloody mucous; green, bilious, followed by slime tinged with blood.
|You must also Read:|
|FAQs on Ayurveda|
|FAQs on Root Canal Therapy|
|CAUSES OF ABORTION DURING EARLY PREGNANCY|
(3) NUX VOM.- Stools thin, bloody mucous; before stool, constant urging; backache. During stool, bloody mucous; before stool, constant urging: with desire to vomit. After stool, relief. Symptoms worse In morning.
(4) MERC. SOL. – Stools bloody mucous, or green slimy, excoriating. Before stool violent and frequent urging, violent tenesmus. Wants to remain a long time at chamberPinching and cutting colic profuse night sweats, worse at night.
Ques : 6 Which Biochemic medicines work in dysentery?
Ans : Biochemic remedies –
(1) KALI PHOS. – When the stool consists of blood only, and the patient becomes delirious, abdomen swollen, or when stools have a putrid odor. Putrid, very offensive stools, and great dryness of the tongue. Tenesmus after stools.
(2) KALI MUR. – Intense pain in the abdomen, cutting as from knives, calls to stool every few minutes, with tenesmus, extorting cries, purging with slimy, sanious stools.
(3) FERRUM PHOS. – If dystentery begins with violent fever, if pain is dependent on inflammation making no intervals and increased by pressure.
(4) MAG. PHOS. – Crampy pains eased by bending double, by warmth, friction or pressure. Tenesms and tormina, with constant desire to pass water and go to stool. Pain in rectum with every stool as from a prolonged spasm of muscles.
Ques : 7 What is the difference between Amebic dysentery and Bacillary dysentery?
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|FAQs on DIARRHEA|
|FAQs on ASTHMA|
|FAQs on HEPATITIS|