Ques. 1 What is food poisoning?
Ans. Food poisoning is food borne disease. Ingestion of food that contains a toxin, chemical or infectious agent (like a bacterium, virus, parasite, or prion) may cause adverse symptoms in the body. Those symptoms may be related only to the gastrointestinal tract causing vomiting or diarrhea or they may involve other organs such as kidney, brain, or muscle.
Food poisoning is an illness caused by eating foods that have harmful organisms in them. These harmful germs can include bacteria, parasites, viruses. They are mostly found in raw meat, chicken, fish, & eggs, but they can spread to any type of food. They can also grow on food that is left out on counters or outdoors or is stored too long before we eat it.
|You must also Read:|
|FAQs on Ayurveda|
|FAQs on Root Canal Therapy|
|CAUSES OF ABORTION DURING EARLY PREGNANCY|
Food poisoning is mild and goes away after a few days. But some types of food poisoning may be more serious, and you may need to see a doctor.
Ques. 2 What are the Symptoms of Food Poisoning?
Ans. Generally, food poisoning causes nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea that may or may not be bloody, sometimes with other symptoms.
a) Vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, excessive salivation, mental confusion, and stomach pain may be symptoms of chemical or toxin food poisoning poisonous mushrooms.
b) Partial loss of speech or blurred vision, muscle weakness, difficulty swallowing, and vomiting may indicate botulism, a severe but very rare type of bacterial food poisoning.
c) After eating tainted food, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting, can start as early as one hour. It may take even longer to develop symptoms from parasite infections such as Giardia. Symptoms can last from one day up to a couple of months or longer, depending on type of infection.
Ques. 3 How do harmful germs get into food?
Ans. Germs can get into food when:
a) The food is prepared. When someone who has germs on his or her hands touches the foodYou can also sip on warm water with lemon juice to clean out your system.
ii. Just add a pinch of sugar to one teaspoon of lemon juice and drink it two to three times a day.
Ques. 15 Which Homoeopathic remedies are useful for food poisoning?
Ans. Here are some homeopathic remedies to consider for food poisoning or similar gastrointestinal complaints.
1. Arsenicum: Bad effects of spoiled fish, meat and bad water. Burning pain in abdomen, person feels chilly, restless, thirsty for sips of water. Vomiting and diarrohea at the same time. Better for warmth and warm drinks, worse from cold drinks and sight or smell of food.
2. Urtica Urens: Ailments from eating shellfish with allergic skin reaction.
3. Lycopodium: Bad effects of shellfish especially oysters.
4. China: This it an excellent remedy to help promote recovery after fluid loss which has arisen because of symptoms such as persistent sweating, vomiting, diarrohea causing exhaustion and dehydration.
5. Nux Vomica: Bad effects of overindulgence in food and wine, fatty foods, spicy foods and alcohol. Symptoms of cramps, hangovers, wind, pressure, and vomiting which does not relieve.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|FAQs on DIARRHEA|
|FAQs on ASTHMA|
|FAQs on HEPATITIS|