Ques : 1 What is Gonorrhoea?
Ans : This is an infection of the mucous membrane of genitourinary tract by Neisseria Gonorrhoea.
Ques : 2 What are the causes and clinical features of Gonorrhoea?
(1) Sometimes from infected covers. Towels, handkerchief etc.
(2) Acquired during sexual act.
Clinical Features : Incubation period 3 to 10 days.
Both males and females are affected mostly 15 to 30 years.
- Urethral stricture is a sequel.
- Subsequent sterility.
- Pains, burning micturition, frequency, dysuria.
- White or yellow discharge.
- Retention of urine.
- Fever with chill.
On Examination : Local lymph nodes in the groin are enlarged and tender.
Children : In babies – born of infected mothers there may be ophthalmia neonatorum.
Ques : 3 What can be the complication related to Gonorrhoea?
Ans : Complications :
(1) Both males and females – (a) Iritis. (b) Arthritits, (c) Tenosynovitis,
(2) In males –
- Urethral fistula.
- Stricture Urethra,
Ques : 4 Write about the Diagnosis and treatments of Gonorrhoea?
Ans : Diagnosis : Examination of urethral or vaginal discharge – the presence of gram – negative intra-cellular gonococci confirms the diagnosis.
|You must also Read:|
|FAQs on Ayurveda|
|FAQs on Root Canal Therapy|
|CAUSES OF ABORTION DURING EARLY PREGNANCY|
Ques : 5 Which Homoeopathic medicines work in gonorrhoea?
Ans : (1) CANNABIS SAT. – Inflammatory stage with painful symptoms. Great swelling of prepuce. Approaching phimosis, penis sore, as if burnt, painful when walking. Strangury. Burning in urethra and after micturition ; stream forked.
(2) THUJA – Discharge thin and greenish. Scalding pain when urinating, urethra swollen, stream forkedScalding pain when urinating, urethra swollen, stream forked. Checked gonorroea, causing articular rheumatism, prostatitis, sycosis & importence, sleeplessness. Nightly painful erection.
(3) NITRIC ACID – Gonorrhoea, with chancres and fig-warts, Small blisters on orifice of urethra and inner surface of prepuce. Bloody mucous or purulent discharge ; gleet, urine very offensive and painful in voiding.
(4) MERCURIUS – Complicated with chancre, Discharge yellowish green, purulent, more profuse at night. Swelling of prepuce. Urine passes in a thin stream, of in drops, sometimes mixed with blood. Worse at night and in damp, rainy weather.
Ques : 6 Which Biochemic Remedies work well in this case?
Ans : (1) NATRUM MUR. – Chronic gonorrhoea, Transparent, watery discharge, slimy. Gonorrhoea, with scalding ; urethra painfully sore to pressure.
(2) KALI MUR. - This is the chief remedy in gonorrhoea. It is, in fact, a specific for cases in which swelling exists, whether from subcutaneous or interstitial exudation.
(3) NATRUM SULPH. – Chronic gonorrhoea with yellowish, greenish discharge, which keeps up, of thick consistency. Very little pain. Enlarged prostate. Figwarts.
(4) SILICEA – Gonorrhoea cases of long standing, with thick, foetid pus. Constant feeling of chilliness, even during exercise.
(5) FERRUM PHOS. – Inflammatory stage of gonorrhoea..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|FAQs on DIARRHEA|
|FAQs on ASTHMA|
|FAQs on HEPATITIS|