Ques. 1 What is heart block? What are its causes?
Ans. It means impairment of conduction in heart excitation ; often applied specifically to atrioventricular heart block.
Causes of heart block:
- Disordered, atrial rhythms, e.g. auricular fibrillation and flutter.
- Idiopathic focal fibrosis-is a common cause of chronic heart block.
- Rheumatic fever and Diphtheria.
- Drugs e.g. Digitalis, quinine.
- Congenital causes, e.g. ventricular septal defect or maldevelopment of the bundle, etc.
- Aortic stenosis.
- Depression of conductivity is most commonly due to ischaemia, fibrosis of inflammation of the A.V. bundle, or to vagal stimulation.
- Myocardial infarction is the commonest cause.
Ques. 2 What are the types of heart block?
Ans. Types of Heart Block :
|You must also Read:|
|FAQs on Ayurveda|
|FAQs on Root Canal Therapy|
|CAUSES OF ABORTION DURING EARLY PREGNANCY|
- Third Degree of complete heart block – Here no S.A. impulses are allowed to pass through A.V. node, therefore ventricles generate their own rhythm 30 to 40 per minute.
Important Clinical Features :
[The gravest danger of complete heart block is Stokes-Adam’s Syndrome.]
Ques. 3 What is the treatment of Heart Block case?
Ans. Complete heart block in acute myocardial infarction requires treatment to prevent undue bradycardia or asystole.
- Curative (Homoeopathic Remedies).
- CACTUS GR. – Violent palpitation worse lying on left side, iron band feeling, constricting, stitching pain in heart, pulse feeble irregular, quick, low blood pressure.
- DIGITALIS – The least movement causes violent palpitation and sensation as if heart would cease beating if he will move. Very slow pulse, intermits, sudden sensation as if heart stood still hypertrophy, cardiac failure with cardiac dropsy.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|FAQs on DIARRHEA|
|FAQs on ASTHMA|
|FAQs on HEPATITIS|