Ques : 1 What is Acidosis?
Ans : Acid Indigestion of Heart Burn is the excess of digestive juices in the stomach among which is found hydrochloric acid. These juices can flow up into the esophagus causing what is know as hearburn sensation in the throat.
Ques : 2 What are the symptoms of Acidosis?
Ans: A Sensations of acidity and pain in the stomach. At times, this acid rises up to the esophagus and can produce a strong sensation of discomfort and acidity (heart burn). If this occurs frequently it can cause retention of liquids, a tendency towards rheumatoid arthritis and teeth can become overly sensitive to vinegar and citrus fruits.
Ques : 3 What are the causes of Acidosis?
Ans : If you eat meat first, it takes a few hours to digest, thus impeding the fruit to pass on the small intestine for its digestion. This causes the fruit to ferment in the stomach, which produces indigestion as well as acidity. Heartburn or acid indigestion occurs more frequently when a problem with the kidneys or liver exists. It is also produced from a bad combination of foods or when fruit of juice is consumed after eating meat or other heavy food. Fruit easily ferments (30 minutes.).
Ques : 4 Which suggestions are recommended for acidosis?
Ans : The suggestions are recommended for acidosis are :-
- Eliminate stress and anxiety from your life since this is one of the main causes of acid gastritis and ulcers.
- Eliminate fried and fatty foods.
- Do not eat until you are full. “Chew your food slowly”, says Dr. Samuel Klein of the University of Texas.
- Alfalfa in juice or in daily tablets. Alfalfa can help due to its high alkalinity. If you can mix it with carrots, guava or pineapple juice and a little honey.
- Ginger is also a big help in absorbing stomach acid, include in your diet high alkaline foods like dates, roasted corn, papaya and cooked apples.
- Potato juice is effective against acid indigestion. (Shred a little bit of potato into water, let it sit overnight and then drink it the following day).
- Do not lie down immediately after eating because this will cause the gastric juices to rise into the esophagus and throat. If you lie down, keep your head elevated. It is recommended that you do not sleep for at least ½ hour after you have eaten.
- Eliminate products that produce acidity : Beverages with caffeine like coffee, tea, colas. Etc. In addition, avoid hot peppers, black pepper, cocoa, flour, red meat and pastas. Avoid cigarettes and carbonated drinks because they expand the stomach, and the lower end of the esophagus.
Before any meal, first eat fruits of drink juices alone, and wait a while for these to be digested (30 minutes). If you eat fruits after a meal it cannot be digested quickly and they will begin to ferment, causing digestive and acidity problems.
Ques : 5 Which Homoeopathic medicines are advisable?
Ans : B.C. No-25, Carbo vegetalis, Nux Vomica and Lycopodium are the symptomatically used medicines.