Ques. 1 What is Insomnia?
Ans. Insomnia is the difficulty in falling and staying asleep at night.
Ques. 2 What are the symptoms of Insomnia?
Ans. A difficulty in sleeping becoming chronic in some cases and causes an emotional disorder, irritability and difficulty in concentrating. As a consequence, this brings on loss of energy in the person, increases fatigue during the day. At the same time, it hinders the person from relaxing enough to be able to sleep at night.
Ques. 3 What are the Causes of Insomnia?
Ans. The most frequent causes of insomnia are:
- Drinking coffee in excess
- Alcohol before going to sleep
- Cola beverages, tea, chocolate
- Indigestion caused by eating too much and/or laying down to sleep immediately after eating.
Ques. 4 Which are the suggestions in relation to Insomnia?
Ans. The suggestions in relation to Insomnia are.
- Try to go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Listen to some soft music.
- Take a bath in warm water before going to bed and if possible, have someone give you a message.
- Turn your alarm clock away from you.
- Never think about not being able to sleep because this intensifies insomnia. Try to think about some other matter which isn’t important for you. Preferably imagine that you are at a nice place like the beach or the mountains.
- Write down on a sheet paper what is worrying you before going to sleep so that you can have everything organized for the next day.
- Tense and relax your muscles several times, breathe deeply several times, as well as breathe deeply several times before going to bed.
- Drink half a glass of milk or yogurt.
- Exercise regularly, but never before going to sleep.
Ques. 5 Which medicines are recommended for Insomnia?
Ans. Rather than taking sedatives and tranquillizers, use of Homoeopathic medicines like Kali Phos, Coffea Cruda and Paciflora is beneficial.