Ques. 1 What is Leucorrhoea?
Ans. The term Leucorrhoea (Fluor alba of the white) is used to designate any discharge from the genital canal other than blood (urine of stool).
Ques. 2 Which are the varieties of Leucorrhoea?
Ans. Leucorrhoea may be distinguished both anatomically and clinically as –
- Cervical Leucorrhoea – is most frequent during the child-bearing period. It is thick tenacious and ropy, having the appearance of uncoiled white of an egg.
- Vulvar Leucorrhoea – occurs chiefly in children, but is also present in aged women, esp. associated with pruritus. In young children in whom sebaceous glands are not yet developed and in old women after glands have atrophied, discharge is serous or sero-purulent in character. At puberty and during child – bearing period the sero-purulent discharge becomes mixed with secretions of vulvo-vaginal and sebaceous glands, rendering it viscid and unctuous, having characteristic cheesy of fleshy odor.
- Uterine Leucorrhoea – occurs mostly during the child-bearing period and resembles cervical leucorrhoea, but is more watery and also less dense and gelatinous in character, and is more often thinned with blood, or yellowish in colour from the admixture of pus. Sometimes after menopause a uterine leucorrhoea occurs which consists purposes, yet no infrequently do we find more than one variety present in same patient, and it becomes necessary to examine discharges microscopically to ascertain their respective nature and proportions.
Note : A gradual increase in amount of vaginal discharge must be expected throughout pregnancy. Augmented estrogen production increases the secretion of cervical mucous.
|You must also Read:|
|FAQs on Ayurveda|
|FAQs on Root Canal Therapy|
|CAUSES OF ABORTION DURING EARLY PREGNANCY|
- Vaginal Leucorrhoea – occurs most often in young women and consists of a white, creamy, purulent-looking fluid.
- During ovulation.
- During pregnancy.
- During sexual excitement.
- Premenstrual period.
- New born (female bady) for a week.
- During puberty.
- Dysfunction, e.g. endocrinal, disharmony, psychosomatic etc.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Poor nutrition and ill health.
- Unhygienic condition.
- Middle aged – infection, erosion, fibroid, polyp, chronic pelvic inflammation, use of contraceptives may be the cause.
- Elderly–carcinoma of the genital tract, genital prolapsed, retained ring pessary, senile vaginitis, endometritis, myometra etc.
- Children- foreign body.
- Young- infection, i.e. vaginitis (trichomonas, monilial non-specific; cervicitis, Bartholinitis. Endometritis, Excessive sexual act, etc.
- Kali Mur – Leucorrhoea, discharge or milky-white, non- irritating mucous, mild, and profuse. Excellent in long-standing cases.
- Acrid urine; 2. Use of infected sponges: 3. worms; 4. Manual irritation; 5 unclean habits, etc. 6. Sudden check of perspiration ; 7. Exposure to cold;
Ques. 3 What can be the causes of Leucorrhoea?
Ans. (A) Physiological –
(B) Pathological :
(a) General –
(b) Pelvic factors (age-wise) :
Ques. 4 What are the clinical features of Leucorrhoea?
Ans. CLINICAL FEATURES – Symptoms- The subjective symptoms are mostly those which result directly from existing causes rather than from the discharge itself, though instances undoubtedly arise where irritating and long-continued leucorrheal discharges give rise to symptoms which are same nature as those which result from any long-lasting discharge or debilitating influence. The most constant symptoms of leucorrhoea are a pain in back and loins, which is always worse from active exercise, such as walking. These symptoms are always more intense in uterine leucorrhoea, and are more apt to be associated with symptoms of an inflammatory character, than when resulting from the vaginal leucorrhoea. Uterine leucorrhoea is more related to menstrual functions, being usually aggravated immediately before and after flowLeucorrhoea after menses, when albuminous, weakness in sexual organs.
Ques. 9 What do you mean by Infantile Leucorrhoea?
Ans. It mean catarrhal inflammation of vulva occurring usually in strumous children.
The Causes of Infantile Leucorrhoea are:-
Ques. 10 What are the symptoms of infantile Leucorrhoea?
Ans The symptoms of infantile Leucorrhoea are :-
Irritation of valve, resulting frequent desire to rub the part, slight pain may be present during passing urine; a thick or thin colorless creamy discharge. In some cases, it may be copious and corrosive and giving rise to ulceration of mucous membrane.
Ques. 11 What is the treatment of infantile Leucorrhoea?
Ans. The hygienic measure should be strictly followed. Diet should be good and easily digestible. Symptomatic treatment. Homoeopathic remedies are as mentioned in leucorrhoea..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|FAQs on DIARRHEA|
|FAQs on ASTHMA|
|FAQs on HEPATITIS|