Qst1. What is measles?
Ans. Measles is a disease most common in childhood and can be serious is produced by a virus. Its first symptoms occur about 10 days after becoming exposed.
Qst2. What are the symptoms of measles?
Ans. Measles symptoms are: a cold, coughing, fever, jaded and swollen eyes. There may be diarrhea, also. After this, some white sore (aphthras) in the mouth, throat & nose.
|You must also Read:|
|FAQs on Ayurveda|
|FAQs on Root Canal Therapy|
|CAUSES OF ABORTION DURING EARLY PREGNANCY|
Qst.3. What suggestions can be given to a measles patient?
Ans. Consult your physician immediately. In addition to getting plenty of and having good diet, the person with measles should remain in bed and drink lot of liquids and juices. This will take away any itching and burning. If you have temperatures see topic on fever to find a way to lower it. In the case of an earache, use one or two drops of good ear drops as suggested by Physician in each ear. Take Echinacea and garlic to strengthen immune systemThe causative organism is Rubella virus. Incubation period is about 2 to 3 weeks.
Qst.13. What are the clinical features of German measles?
Ans. Clinical Features:
1) Mild constitutional symptoms, viz. fever (99° to 101°F) ; headache, aches all over body, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, weakness, lassitude etc.
2) Rash appears on second day. In children the disease is mild and rash may be first indication. Pink macules appear first behind the ears and on forehead, spread rapidly to the trunk and the limbs.
3) Generalised lymphandenopathy at times.
4) Stiffness in the neck ; tender and enlarged posterior cervical lymph glands.
5) Complications— The disease during first trimester of pregnancy produces malformations in foetus. Sometimes purpura, encephalomyelitis, arthritis etc.
6) The whole illness ends in 2 to 3 days. There is no staining or desquamation of skin.
Qst.14. What is the treatment?
Ans. Treatment is entirely symptomatic, no treatment is usually needed except in pregnant women (first trimester who should be administered 750 mg. human gamma-globulin.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|FAQs on DIARRHEA|
|FAQs on ASTHMA|
|FAQs on HEPATITIS|