Ques. 1 What is sterility?
Ans. It means inability to conceive after one year of normal sexual life when the couple gets worried for baby. So also is term sterility very appropriately applied to women who have a capacity for conception, but who remain childless, either because the fertilizing elements in the male is wanting, or because. If conception does occur, ovum does not mature. In the strict sense of the term such women are barren but not sterile.
It means an incapability for conception, but by common usage it is applied to all women who have never born children, even though it has not been established that the failure to conceive is due to their incapacity.
Ques. 2 What are the causes of sterility or infertility?
Ans. AETIOLOGY : (a) Primary – Where conception has never occurred. (b) Secondary – Where conception has failed after a period of fertility.
- Physiological – After menopause.
You must also Read: FAQs on Ayurveda FAQs on Root Canal Therapy CAUSES OF ABORTION DURING EARLY PREGNANCY
- Pathological – May be male, female or combined
Ques. 3 Which are the faulty male factors due to which sterility can occur?
Ans. Faulty Male factors –
- Endocrine factors – (a) hyperthyroidism. (b) hypopituitarism, (c) defect in the – hypothalamus or adrenal cortex,
- Psychological factors – (a) marital disharmony, (b) ignorance about coitus, (c) premature ejaculation. (d) fear, anxiety, tension,
- Environmental factors – (a) prolonged exposure to heat (stuck driver), (b) furnacemen(ii) A.I.H. – semen from husband,
- General – obesity, anaemia, tuberculosis, etc. are corrected.
Ques. 7 Which are the Homoeopathic medicines that can be useful?
Ans. Homoeopathic Remedies –
- Natrum Mur – Menses irregular usually profuse, vagina dry leucorrhoea acrid, watery, bearing down pains in morning. Prolapse uteri with cutting in urethra. Suppressed menses. Craving for salt.
- Natrum Phos- Infertility, manses too early, pale, thin, watery, sterility with acid secretion from vagina. Leucorrhoea, discharge creamy or honey coloured of acid and materials. Sour smelling discharge. Morning sickness with sour vomiting.
- PLATINA – Ovaries sensitive and burn. Menses too early too profuse, dark clotted. Vaginismus. Nymphomania, excessive sexual development. Melancholia aggravated by sitting and standing and ameliorated by walking.Graphites – Menses to late with constipation, pale and scanty with tearing pain in epigastrium and itching before, cough coryza. Leucorrhoea pale, thin profuse. Decided aversion to coition. Sterility, difficult conception.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|FAQs on DIARRHEA|
|FAQs on ASTHMA|
|FAQs on HEPATITIS|