The immune system in the human body is the complex network that continuously battles to keep the humans safe from a number of pathogens. As most of us know, washing hands before eating is the great way to help humans in ensuring their immune system health. Even though, we follow some healthy practices to protect our immune system health, we also do some activities without being aware of the fact that the activities will affect the healthy functioning of the system.
Most of us know that fatty foods can add to our weight. But, most of us are not aware of the ill effects these foods can bring to the immune system. Some of the factors like constipation, social isolation and sedentary lifestyle can weaken our immune system to a great extent. Here are some habits that we do without being aware of the fact that they will bring about an impact on the health of our immune system:
1. Eating fatty foods: It is true that foods that are rich in friendly fats like salmon, walnut and avocados are beneficial as they provide fats that can provide the best nutrients for the healthy functioning of the body and brain. On the other hand, unhealthy fats can compromise the immune system. For instance, foods like pizza, french fries and cookies contain bad fats and these eatables can impact the healthy functioning of immune system. A report states that these unhealthy fatty foods can bring down the ability of body to fight against bacteria.
2. Eating Higher level of sugar: Excess sugar consumption can also decrease the ability of immune system. Reports state that after sugar consumption, its negative effects begin suppressing the immune system just within half an hour and can make the effect last for up to 5 hours.
3. Not taking steps to get out of constipation: Generally, in the humans a large number of immune system is in the gut. When the wastes are stuck in the intestines, they will prevent adequate nutrient absorption. If constipation is not treated for a long-term basis, there will be toxin buildup in the body, thereby bringing an ill effect on the immune system functioning. Generally, long-term constipation can kill good bacteria in the body, thereby opening up the door for diseases.
4. Sedentary lifestyle: Many people these days do not find time to exercise. Furthermore, many of them work in sitting position for long hours and this brings about an ill effect on the health. Exercise can play a major role towards release of endorphins, which can make humans feel happy and the body will also become eligible to fight high BP, cholesterol and even cancer. Exercise can also help in the healthy functioning of lymphatic system, which works on the immune system on a daily basis to keep people healthier.
5. Being antisocial: Reports state that social interaction can play a major role towards improving the immune system health. The reason is that stress can tax the immune system functioning and social interaction can play a major role towards relieving stress.
To conclude, most of us follow the above-mentioned activities, without even understanding their effect on immune system. So, let us now stop these habits to lead a healthier life.