Anemia is a condition, wherein there is a reduction in the quantity of hemoglobin or in the number of red blood cells. It is stated that women are more prone to low blood count as compared to men. Reports state that almost half of the blood curving in arteries and veins in the human body constitutes red blood cells that carry oxygen to the tissues. It is further stated that about a trillion or 100 million new blood cells are created on a daily basis in the bone marrow.
The raw resources needed in the manufacture of these cells include B12, folic acid and other vitamins, proteins and iron. Of these substances, proteins and iron are important in structuring up the substance called as hemoglobin, which is important for carrying oxygen through blood to different organs of the body. Experts state that red blood cells generally have a lifetime of just about 120 days and they are then damaged and replaced with new cells. Every individual should have a minimum of 15 grams of hemoglobin per 100 ml of blood. Also, the blood count should be just about 5 million red cells per milliliter of blood.
What causes anemia?
Here are the common causes of this low blood count:
- Reduction in the configuration of red blood cells in bone marrow
- Serious blood loss because of hemorrhage or injury
- Shortness of hydrochloric acid in the stomach and
- Increase in the level of intestinal worms or parasites
What is the connection between anemia and White Blood Count (WBC)?
Generally, anemia is classified into different types like Iron deficiency anemia, Vitamin B 12 anemia and folic acid deficiency anemia. In these types, in the case of severe iron deficiency anemia, the patients will experience a very low WBC count and the platelet count may be high or low. Now, let us get into the details about top 5 home remedies and natural supplements available to treat anemia:
1. Lettuce and beets:
Lettuce is known to contain considerable amount of iron in it and so it can be the good tonic for iron deficiency anemia and it will also help in increasing WBC count. The body can simply absorb the iron content in lettuce. The red color of cooked beetroot clearly indicates that it can naturally increase the blood count in humans. When you take the extract of this veggie, the juice will be rich in different vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B6, B2, B1, niacin, fat, protein, iodine, Sulphur, calcium, phosphorous and potassium. This juice will improve the resistance power in the human body and is known to be brilliant in treating anemia, particularly in teenagers and kids.
2. Foods for treating anemia:
Anemia can be effectively treated in home by taking the right kind of foods that can naturally increase the blood count. Here are some of the foods that are known to be effective in treating this disorder:
- Fresh vegetables and fruits with rich iron content.
- Healing with exclusive fruit diet
- Foods like tomatoes, celeries, radish, carrots, squash, onions, raisins, strawberries, plums, black dry grapes and bananas can be included in the diet in larger quantities to bring about a natural improvement in blood count.
3. Other natural treatments at home:
Apart from taking the right kind of foods, it is recommended that the following treatments can be followed at home to get the right kind of relief:
- Cold water baths: Cold water baths for two times a day can reduce the symptoms of anemia and will slowly increase the blood count.
- Sunbaths or warm Epson salt baths: A hot Epsom salt bath for 5-10 minutes for once in a week and sunbath can also be effective. The reason for sunbath is that sunlight can stimulate the production of red cells, thereby increasing RBC Count. Occasional steam bath will also be effective.
- Light exercises and deep inhalation: Light exercises like walking and deep breathing exercises will help in increasing blood count in the body in a natural manner.
- Yoga: When you take the help of a yoga teacher for treating anemia, he will be teaching you the right asanas that are effective in treatment like shavasana, paschimottanasana and sarvangasana.
4. Sesame seeds for iron deficiency anemia:
In the case of patients with iron deficiency anemia, it is stated that black sesame seeds can provide an excellent remedy. These seeds are stated to be rich sources of iron. Just soak a spoon of black sesame seeds in warm water for two hours and then it should be ground and strained and should be added to a cup of milk with sweetener added. This is stated to be an effective remedy for increasing blood count in a natural manner.
5. Himalaya products:
Himalaya is a brand that produces many natural products for treating different health issues in the humans in a natural manner. Some of the products that are known to treat anemia, besides bringing other health benefits are listed below:
- Evecare: This product is available both in tablet and tonic form and it is meant for women for their menstrual problem. Besides addressing different menstrual problems, it will also treat anemia in an effective manner.
- Abana: This product is meant for both men and women to improve heart health normalize cholesterol levels, normalizing blood sugar and improving blood circulation. This product can also help in increasing blood count in the body in a natural manner and this is why it is stated to increase blood circulation.
So, if you are particular about opting for a safe natural remedy, you can follow the above-mentioned home remedies to get the right kind of relief from low WBC count and low hemoglobin level to lead a healthy life and active life. Only when the blood level is optimal, you can get relieved of the symptoms of anemia like weakness and can stay active.