If you have a headache now, remember that you are not alone. Many people from around the world get this problem, regardless of their age and it is found that even kids are known to get pounding pain in the head occasionally. The report further adds that two out of three kids will have a headache by the age of 45 years. The pain created out of tension is something common and it will generally feel like contraction of muscles that surround the skull and works like a vice grip around the head. Generally, it is stated to arise as a result of lack of sleep or stress.
OTC pain relievers:
Many people with this pain can find relief with OTC pain relievers like Ibuprofen and Aspirin. But, these are not safe for health and their overuse can bring ill-effects and also they can backfire and can make the pain worse. So, here are some drug-free approaches that can help:
1. Stop them before they happen:
The best strategy you can follow is to try not to get this pain at the first instance. Even though, this seems to be tough, you can follow the tips given below:
• The best thing you can do is to maintain a schedule for yourself. This will help in considerably bringing down the level of stress and the resulting headache.
• Ensure that good health is maintained
• You can do exercises to control stress
• Good night sleep of 7-8 hours is important and even you can spend some 15 minutes on meditation and other relaxation strategies before going to bed.
• When you use electronic devices for more than 15 minutes, just look away for some time to avoid strain to the eyes.
• After getting up in the morning, stretch your body and have a fresh air breath. Then, begin your work in an airy space that is bright as well.
2. Diet changes:
One of the most effective strategies for home relief both for headache and migraine is making some changes in the diet. Generally, people with chronic pain will understand themselves by trial and error about the foods that are suitable for them and those that should be avoided. But, there are some foods that help in preventing pain due to the nutrient content. For instance, spinach, fatty fish and watermelon can help in prevention because of their Vitamin B, Omega 3 and water content. Likewise, there are some foods that can trigger the pain as well and they are:
• Citrus fruits
• Peanut butter
• Dairy products and
• Foods that contain nitrates
3. Acupuncture can help:
This system of alternative medicine is known to have a long tradition of treating different medical conditions inclusive of migraines and other pains. This system can provide relief without the requirement of any medicines.
So, headache is not at all a problem that needs medicines, it can be treated with drug-free remedies mentioned above.