Physical exercise is the best medicine for chronic achy knees. Knee pain exercise hardens the muscles around the joint protects from injury by decreasing overstress on the knee. Relief in pain of the knee depends on upon the exercises and technique of doing exercises . Always be sure that never bend our legs to a point where our knees stick out past your toes. It puts a lot of pressure under the kneecap and causes knee pain. It applies to all exercises where we are stretching or doing aerobic activities for other pains such as step aerobics.
It is a common problem that can cause pain in any of the bony structure compromising the knee joint, kneecap, knee ligaments and cartilage of the knee. The problem of knee pain can affect people of all ages and physical knee pain exercise can be helpful unless it becomes severe. Pain that occurs at the front and center of the knee is called anterior knee pain. There are two major types of knee pain are “acute” and “chronic”.
- The “acute knee pain” means the pain which develops suddenly, typically from a severe twisting or wrenching of the knee or from the impact of external injuries like fall or sports collision.
- The “chronic knee pain” is pain which develops gradually over the time or we can say that it is an internal problem of the knee like knee dislocation etc.
Causes of Knee Pain:
What causes knee pain? This is the question which struck in the minds of every person who are suffering from pain of the knee. There are different causes of it. Overweight or being healthiest puts you the greater risk for knee problems. Overusing of knee physically can trigger knee problems that cause pain. Sometimes causes of knee pain will happen due to medical conditions and injuries such as fluid filled behind knee, arthritis, lupus, gout, osteoarthritis, Osgood-Schlatter disease, dislocation of kneecap, facture, iliotibial band syndrome, torn ligaments, torn cartilage, strain or sprain, infection in bones of the knee etc. Exercises for knee pain will effectively help in overcome from various causes of it.
Exercises for Knee Pain:
There are various knee pain exercises which help in pain relief as home remedies.
- Partial Squats- Stand about 12 inches away from the front of a chair with our feet about hip-width apart and our toes forward. Bending at the hips, slowly lower yourself halfway down to the chair. Keep knees stay behind your toes.
- Side-Lying Leg Lifts- Wearing ankle weights above the knee, lie on your left side, legs straight and together, with our left arm supporting your head. Keeping your body straight right, our foot flexed and, slowly lift our right leg to about shoulder height, then slowly lower. Repeat with our left leg.
- Step-ups- Using an aerobic bench or a staircase, step up onto the step with our right foot. Tap our left foot on the top of the step, and then lower. As step up, your knee should be directly over our ankle. Repeat with an alternate foot.
- Inner- thigh leg lifts- Wearing ankle weights above the knee, lie on your left side, slightly back on our butt. Bend our right leg and place it behind our left leg with our right foot flat on the floor and our left leg straight. Support our head with our left arm. Slowly lift our left leg about 3 to 5 inches, then lower. Repeat with our right leg.
- Calf Raises- For balance use a chair or wall, stand with your feet about hip-width apart, toes straight ahead. Slowly lift your heels off the floor, rising up onto your toes. Hold, then slowly lower and repeat it.
- Hamstring Stretch- Lie on our back with our left leg flat on the floor. Loop a towel or rope around our right foot and pull our leg as far as comfortable toward our chest, while keeping a slight bend at the knee. Keep our back pressed to the floor throughout the stretch. Hold for 10 to 30 seconds and then release. Repeat 4 or 5 times with each leg. Do this stretch 6 or 7 times a week.
- Short-Arc Knee Extensions- In the same starting position as the straight-leg raises put a ball under our left knee so that our leg is bent. Slowly straighten our leg. Hold, and then slowly lower. Repeat with our right leg.
These all are the best knee pain exercises for relief in pain.