Fungi are plant like organism that likes to grow in dim, dank places and feed off dead tissues. These fungi can also grow on our bodies and live off the dead tissue of hair, nails and skin. You might be the host to the fungi that cause athletes foot, ringworm, and ringworm of the scalp or ‘jock itch’.
Ayurveda describe fungal infection as “Dadru” which occurs due to dominance of kappha and pitta dosha. This dominance of doshas occur due to improper food habits which increases kapph and pitta dosha such as:
- Intake of excessive sour and salty food.
- Incompatible food.
- Excess intake of sea food and black gram.
- Excessive sweating.
- Regular hot and humid climate exposure.
- Poor hygiene and poor living condition.
- Diabetic patient are prone to skin disease.
Types of fungal infection according to the affected part are named as:
Symptoms of Fungal Infection:
1. Vinegar : Vinegar is a simple antifungal treatment. Apply plain white, distilled or cider vinegar with cotton wool ball or clean cloth, or soak the affected area in vinegar for two minutes. Do this two times a day until itching is gone and continue for one week afterwards.
2. Tea tree oil : This potent antifungal oil can kill several types of organism. 100 percent tea tree oil performed as well as a 1 percent solution of clotrimazole.
Typical doses: apply undiluted oil to clean, dry feet or ringworm lesion two or three times per day.
|You must also Read:|
|Fruits And Vegetables For Healthy Eyes|
|Diet for Healthy Pregnancy|
|Acupressure Therapy For Healing The Body|
Caution: some people find tea tree oil mildly irritating if you experience an allergic reaction than discontinue using it.
3. Garlic : This herb can kill many microbes, including the fungi that infect the skin. Because straight garlic can irritate skin, dilute it in olive oil. Mash or blend garlic clove with 1 or 2 teaspoon of olive oil and apply this paste to the skin. Remove after an hour. Apply the oil to the skin two to three times a day.
4. Turmeric : Boil one glass of milk with half teaspoon of turmeric powder or one inch piece of fresh turmeric for 10 minutes. It boosts up the body immunity to fight the infection.
5. Geranium essential oil : This flower oil is both antifungal and anti inflammatoryVinegar : Vinegar is a simple antifungal treatment. Apply plain white, distilled or cider vinegar with cotton wool ball or clean cloth, or soak the affected area in vinegar for two minutes. Do this two times a day until itching is gone and continue for one week afterwards.
Typical doses: apply undiluted oil to clean, dry feet or ringworm lesion two or three times per day. Continue for 7 days to 10 days after fungal rash are clear.
5. Geranium essential oil : This flower oil is both antifungal and anti inflammatory. Its anti-inflammatory properties relieve itching. Adult can use this oil undiluted. Apply two or three times per day, continue for several days after the rashes clears.
Caution: do not take essential oils internally.
Ayurvedic medicine for fungal infection
Prepared by : Dr Shivani Amola.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|