Research proves that proper healthy diet is equivalently important to medicine.Therefore to treat a disease we need a treatment as well as a perfect diet regime with the high nutritional value. A “pathya” is a word described in Ayurveda for a perfect diet regime applied during a course of medicine.
Ayurveda says that most of the disease are caused due to improper diet in improper way.Therefore your body ask for healthy diet which supports the medicine and enhance the healing power of body.
So here are some diet regime for some of the most common disease.
For GIT disorder
• In most of the disease body needs detoxification and its best way to drink 4-5 liter of water.
• Take the easily digestible food avoid spicy and oil food
• Consume fibersdiet as much as you can as they are easily digestible such as fruits, salads, boiled veggies.
• Avoid sweets as it provides a better environment for infection to growth.
• Use Brown rice instead of rice, use cereals, brown bread and oats instead of chapattis of wheat.
• Meat, fish, chicken, eggs, pickle, heavy pulses, fried rice etc.
• Add butter milk in your diet as flush out the toxins in GIT tract.
• Use the herbs in your daily routine which increases the digestive power and enhances the digestion power ginger, chamomile, garlic, green tea, basils, triphala, castor oil etc.
• Increase the intake of fat free diet and low carb diet.
• Take small easily digestible and frequent meal.
• Add more green leafy vegetables and olive oil in your diet.
• Add an herbs which work as heart tonic.
• A regular morning walk, yoga and exercise prevent you from upcoming cardiovascular disease.
• Laughing therapy is best medicine for your blood circulating organ -heart.
• Avoid, butter, ghee, maida products, oil food etc.
• The food of anemic patient should have a high nutritional value therefore increase the intake of Meat, fish, chicken (especially liver, kidney, bone marrow), green vegetables, salad, potato, citrus fruits, pulse, beans, cereals, oats, maize, bajra, jowar, soups, dry fruits etc.
• Avoid refine grain product and sugar in any form.
• Multigrain bread, oats, sprout, butter milk, papaya, green vegetable juice or soup.
• Cornflakes, oats, brown bread toast, butter milk, coconut water, roasted channa-murmura, green salad, sprouted pulses, cabbage, onion, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish and capsicum
• black tea, green tea, Bitter Gourd (Momordicacharantia), Bel (Aeglemarmelos), Jambhul (Eugenia jambolana), neem, trifala, turmeric and many other
• Bread or chapattis of wheat, rice, jowar, bajra or ragi.
• Breakfast cereal of wheat, rice oatmeal or maize
• Rice, cooked, lemon juice, coconut water.
• Pulses (dal) or beans
• Vegetable salad
• Potato, sweet potato, or jam
• Meat, Eggs, fish or chicken –liberally
• Milk or milk products
• Jam or murabba, Sugar, jiggery or honey
• Sweet or sweetmeats Fruits, fresh, Beverages, Soup
• Most of the skin disorder occurs to oil skin so try to avoid oil- processed food, chocolates, dairy products meats, French fries and other junk foods.
• Avoid the citrus fruits and strawberries. Green leafy vegetables, salad with rock salt, soya bean, fish oil, carrots, spinach, and broccoli, almonds, Brazil nuts, and wheat germ are good sources of vitamin and zinc.
• Avoid tension, stress and excessive eating
• Include oranges, lemons, broccoli, grapefruit, sweet potatoes, papaya, olive oil, sunflower seeds, and tomatoesin your diet as they are rich sources of vitamin C and E.
Prepared : by Dr. Shivani Amola