Health Insurance- It is a type of insurance coverage that pays for medical and surgical expenses that are incurred by the insured. Health insurance can either reimburse the insured for expenses incurred from illness or injury or pay the care provider directly.
Health insurance coverage is the amount of financial and medical protection given to a policy holder by an insurance company. Basically insurance companies provides an agreement between the buyer and the insurance company wherein service provider company promise to provide coverage to the individual during any healthcare need. The extent of coverage provided by a company is stated in its terms and conditions. Insurance coverage can have a limited perspective or a broader one, depending upon the plan opted for. It differs from policy to policy as they concentrate on different kinds of healthcare needs.
Health insurance coverage against risk from:-
· Medical – health insurance takes into deliberation all the medical treatments that an individual may require during the cover period.
· Travel - It fulfils the medical needs arising from travel.
· Accident - It provides medical and financial protection for exigencies arising due to an accident.
There are two types of coverage provided by a health insurance company:
1. Cashless Basis – Here an insurance company establishes links with certain hospitals (known as network hospitals), which provide treatment to the insured person, up to the sum insured and in return hospital claims the payment from the insurance company and not from the customer. This protects the person from dealing with medical bills. By providing basic details to the hospital, individual can get rid of the procedure of bill payment.
2. Reimbursement Basis – Here the patient gets treatment in any registered hospital, for the disease or treatment, which has been covered and then claims for the medical expenses incurred, up to the sum insured. Here, hospitals do not engage themselves in transaction with the insurance company directly.
Some of the top health Insurance companies in India which provide services are:
- Apollo DKV Insurance Company Ltd.
- Aviva Life Insurance
- Birla Sun Life Insurance
- E-Meditek Solutions Limited
- Health India-Bhaichand Amoluk Insurance Services Pvt. Ltd.
- HSBC Health Insurance
- Life Insurance Corporation Of India
- Max New York Life Insurance
- Med Assist India Ltd.
- MetLife India Assurance Company
- National Insurance Company
- Paramound Health Group
- Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited
- Tata AIG
- The New India Assurance Co.
You must also Read: Fruits And Vegetables For Healthy Eyes Diet for Healthy Pregnancy Acupressure Therapy For Healing The Body
- United Healthcare
- United India Insurance
Example of health Insurance:
Apollo Munich Health Insurance takes care of all the needs of an individual family in any case. Its wide range of healthcare products offers insurance coverage against varied health risks. It Keeps its focus on healthcare needs of people, the company has emerged with comprehensive and innovative healthcare products. The company has been growing fast in the market and offers customers the option of purchasing and renewing the policy over the Internet.
The company also introduced online insurance; the insurer brings in the concept of instant insurance. Person can acquire health security in few minutes by making few clicks of mouse. This has uncomplicated medical insurance coverage for the buyers.
Companies are offering different policies for different kinds of insurance coverage. Depending upon the plan, Apollo Munich health insurance products offers coverage for:-
Group - It is generally choose by employers for covering their employees against arising health risks.
Individual - Here, only an insured person gets the benefits of the policy purchased. He/ she will be entitled to financial coverage and the related insurance benefits.
Family - Here, the entire family (an insured, his/her spouse, dependent parents and dependent children) is covered.
Senior - It is meant for insurance coverage of senior citizens.
Before going for any Health Insurance ask the following Questions:
1. 1What is Mediclaim?
3. What policy terms are available for health insurance policies?
4. How long is my health insurance policy valid?
5. Are there any tax benefits if I take a health insurance or mediclaim policy?
6. Do I have to undergo a medical check-up to get a health insurance or mediclaim policy?
7. What is a family floater policy?
8. What is a cashless facility?
9. What is a co-payment?
10. What is TPA?
11. What do the terms Pre and Post hospitalization mean in health insurance policies?
12. What are the benefits I can expect from health insurance policies?
13. What is a health insurance card?
14. Do health insurance policies cover pre-existing diseases?
15. What companies offer health insurance policies in India?
16. Can I buy health insurance policies online?
Before taking any decision first look at your needs, take your time to decide upon the appropriate health insurance coverage required and then buy the plan that fulfils all your requirements. It is better to think peacefully than to regret later. It can be a best medical insurance coverage secure your future but for you have to be very careful before buying any plan.
Enjoy stress free health treatment in times of need with health Insurance.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|