Sore eyes, otherwise known as conjunctivitis is a widespread and the most common eye infection that affects people of different age groups. The worse thing about this problem is that it is extremely contagious and it occurs mostly in conjunctiva and even in other parts of the eyeball. Once an individual gets this condition, there will be darkening of the blood vessels in the eyes, thereby giving it a pinkish and reddish appearance.
Pain and discomfort:
Not only the color of the eyes change, the condition will also give an itchy feeling and the eyes will become sore and dry as well. This in turn will cause a lot of discomfort and pain. It is true that most of the sufferers seek the help of an ophthalmologist to get immediate relief from the problem. But, this issue can be cured right at the home with the help of some home remedies and here are some details in this regard:
• Aloe vera gel: This is known to cure many issues related to eyes, without any exception to conjunctivitis. All that it is to be done by the patient is to soak a clean piece of cloth in aloe vera juice and the eyes can be wiped with this cloth for getting relief.
• Warm compression: A warm and clean compress can be used on the affected eyes for 2-3 minutes to get a soothing effect.
• Cucumber: This fruit is generally known to provide cooling effect to the eyes and two slices of this vegetable/fruit that is cooled when kept on the eyes can provide a cooling and relaxing effect.
• Cotton balls: Cotton balls dipped in rose water can provide an excellent remedy for conjunctivitis. This is an effective remedy for bringing down the inflammation as well.
• Washing: Washing the eyes with milk or warm water, several times can provide relaxation and relief.
• Coriander: A decoction can be made with the help of coriander seeds or powder and the decoction can be used for washing the eyes several times for relief. This remedy can provide relief both for pain and burning sensation in the eyes.
• Potato juice: Another excellent remedy can be application of raw potato juice with a spoon of oil.
• Amla: Amla is seen as an excellent fruit in ayurveda to provide excellent cure to a number of problems. Even though, it is highly popular for its anti-aging properties, it can also boost the immune system. This will help the body to fight against the infection causing agents. Amla juice with a spoon of honey added to it can be consumed twice a day to get quick relief.
• Vegetable extract: Extract taken from vegetables like parsley, spinach and carrot when taken on a regular basis can provide excellent improvement to the overall quality of vision. Even, inclusion of vegetables and fruits that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin A can also be beneficial to improve the overall vision.
In addition, maintaining hygiene by washing hands completely before touching the eyes can also help in avoidance of infection.