About:- Sinuses are chambers beside nose which filter air maintain temperature and humidity of the inspired air. Sinusitis refers to the infection of these air filled spaces
Allergic response due to inhalation of irritant like pungent vapours , air pollutants and dust etc.
Spread of infection from nose, mouth, teeth, throat or tonsils. If not treated properly, it may lead to chronic sinusitis.
Signs and symptoms
- May vary according to type of sinus involved
- Pain or heaviness in the forehead and above eyes tender to touch
- Mucus drainage from back of the nose into the throat
- Recurrent cough and cold with blocked nose
Do’s and don’ts
• Do stream inhalation
• Avoid dust and fumes
• Adequate bed rest
• Increase intake of warm drinks eg soups, milk, tea
What homeopathy can do?
Following are homeopathic medicines for sinusitis but it is advised that you should be consult with doctor firstly.
- Complaints worse in winter
- Headache especially on shaking the head
- Stopped up nose especially on going into cold air
- Thick, yellow and offensive discharge from nose
- Child is very sensitive to cold wind
Medicine: - Hepar sulphuricum 30
- Pain above eyes or at the top of head
- Headache worse in sunlight, better by pressure and covering head
- Stopped up nose, gets worse in warm room
- Patient very irritable and oversensitive
- Cannot bear light, smell or noises
Medicine: - Nux vomica 30
- Right sided headache or pain above the right eye
- Pain worse from exposure to sun , especially between sunrise to sunset
- Pain better while lying down and sleeping
- Burning sensation in eyes and redness of cheeks
Medicine:- Sanguinaria Canadensis 30
General instruction while taking homeopathic Treatment
- Medicines as indicated in this chart should be taken if the symptoms mentioned against each medicine match those of the patient otherwise consult the doctor
- Medicine to be taken – 3 globules of size 40 every 3 hours dry on the tongue or in plain drinking water.
- Medicine should be taken after cleaning the mouth, Hand and preferably on an empty stomach
- If improvement is seen within 24 hours then medicine should be stopped
- If the patient does not having any improvement within 24 hours or become worse at any time, then consult the nearest homeopathic doctors
- Medicines must be kept away from strong smelling substance like camphor, menthol etc
- Medicine should be kept away from the children