Ayurveda our ancient life science has mentioned diabetes at 1,000 of years ago. It was described under “maharog” because it effects on each and every tissue or cell of the body. Ayurveda has classified Diabetes (madhumeha) into 20 Types-
- 4 due to imbalance of Vata dosha,
- 6 due to imbalance of pitta dosha
- And 10 due to imbalance of kapha dosha
Whereas modern science divided diabetes into two types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: Body is incapable of producing insulin.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Body becomes resistant to insulin.
As we all know prevention is always better then cure so here are some herbs who’s regular use along with a yoga (surya namaskar , pranayam and asana), regular morning walk, exercise, healthy diet and lifestyle can prevent you from this silent killing disease.
- Bitter gourd(Momordica charantia)
- Gurmar leaves(Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Turmeric(Curcuma longa)
- Vijaysar (Pterocarpus marsupium)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Fenugreek(Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Gymnema sylvestre: (Gudmar patra churna)
Home remedy to control diabetes:
- If you are diabetic then you need to take a half glass juice of bitter gourd(karela) and Indian gooseberry (amla) will reduces your blood level.
- Regular intake of 1tsp of ground flaxseed powder every morning (empty stomach) with a glass of luke warm water.
- Add 1 gram of dalchini into your diet for 1 month to help lower blood sugar levels.
- Eat around 5 – 6 jambul in the morning to control your blood sugar levels.
- Take few seeds (1/4 tsps) of Fenugreek (methi) in 1 cup of water left it for night and drink it next morning.
- Take 1 tsp of cinnamon along with 1glass luke warm water daily.
- Soak few(10-15) mango leaves in a glass of water overnight. In the morning, filter the water and drink it on an empty stomach. You can do the same process with neem leaves to lower down your sugar level.
Diet planning for diabetes:
- According to ayurveda madhumeha is a lifestyle disorder that can be very effectively and easily managed with changes in lifestyle and eating habits.
- Take non-fat dairy products, lean meats, poultry and fish
- Reduce your highly refined carbohydrates such as soda, candy, white bread, pasta, and snack foods.
- Avoid –rice, banana, potato, cereals and fruits containing high level of sugar such as mango, chiku and grapes.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods
- Take plenty of green vegetables, bitter gourd, beans, onion and garlic
- Add Indian gooseberry, jambul, pine apple in your diet
- Take a bowl of salad in your diet.
- Never skip your meal.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol intake.
- Avoid sleeping during day’s hour.
- And regular check your blood sugar.
Medication for diabetes:
- Chandrprabha vati- 2tab twice a day
- Trivang Bhasma:-125 mg twice a day
- Vasant kusumakar rasa:-125mg twive a day
- Arogyavardhini:-2 tab after dinner.
- Vijaysaar ghan vati:-2 tab thrice a day
- Panchanimba churna:- 1tsp twice a day