Even though, many criticisms were raised against juice cleansing method, stating that it is a crash dieting method that can bring down the energy levels of the body, this method has obtained worldwide recognition nowadays for entire body detoxification. The reason behind the popularity is of course, the celebrities like Nargis Fakhri, Jennifer Aniston and Salma Hayek.
What is juice cleanse?
This is the process of cleansing the body out of toxins with the help of the power of fruit and vegetable juices. Here, the person will never include any other foods to his/her diet other than natural juices. This is why this method is otherwise called as juice fasting. Generally, the juices of fruits like apple, beetroot, lemon, carrot, spinach, cauliflower and cabbages are used for this purpose.
Is it helpful?
• It can bring the results because it gives the break for the digestive system from processing heavy foods.
• In addition, the nutrient content of the fruits and vegetables will help in boosting immunity and will provide a natural glow to the skin.
• It is stated that unwanted toxins in the body importantly contribute towards skin blemishes in many people and when these toxins are removed with the consumption of juices alone, it will help in achieving a naturally glowing skin.
• In addition, it will help in improving vitality and vigor and it will promote good bone health as well apart from helping in weight loss.
• As other systems in the body will have to do a smart work, the time during this diet is used by the body for repairing and rejuvenating itself. Particularly, raw fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, thereby they will help the body in purifying itself.
• It will also help in increasing the craving towards food and will bring about an improvement in sleep pattern as well.
What should be done before beginning the process of cleansing?
If an individual is planning for a whole-body cleanse, it is better to talk to the doctor initially. The reason is that the body should be prepared for the cleansing fruit diet. Having heavy meals the previous night and just turning to starvation mode from the next day will create problems. The diet cut down process should happen slowly and steadily and it should begin with slowly cutting down some foods one after the other like alcohol, coffee, sugar, salt, animal foods and related heavy foods at least a week before beginning the cleansing process. The reason is that these heavy foods can strain the digestive organs and when they are suddenly avoided, it will lead to withdrawal effects.
How long to follow?
Juice cleansing technique can be done for a single day, three or even five days. But, it is recommended not to prolong this diet for long as the body needs other food substances as well for its normal functioning. Also, it is better not to cleanse for more than 4 times in a year.