A New Year Resolution means a promise to oneself for one’s betterment. This New Year take a pledge to give yourself and your family a gift by making a New Year Resolution for improving your health.
New Year Resolutions for Keeping Your Heart Healthy
A new year should be a clean schedule to work upon; it should be pre-planned for better future. This new year, why not make some best New Year Resolutions to improve your health of your heart specifically:
You can begin with these resolutions :
- Heart Pumping Exercising: Be cognizant of the exercises you opt and furnish them for your heart issues. Include the cardio exercising techniques as a minimum thrice in 7 days. Fortunately, cardio exercises can move in distinct forms and may also be money-spinning, from uncomplicated walk or jogging to doing Zumba dancing from the videos present on the youtube.
- Consume more green veggies: Researches have depicts that intake of green veggies can actually improve your heart health. Since, it possesses nitrates that are known to maintain the healthiness of heart.
- Check one’s BP (Blood Pressure) on a regular basis: High BP or Hyper-tension is often times termed as silent killer. Since, it adds to a numerous heart disorders, so its become significant to check one’s BP more habitually, particularly if you’re familiar with your health conditions.
- Control your diabetes: If you are a diabetic patient, then the risk of experiencing a heart attack increases, so it’s vital to maintain your diabetes and get it under control. You can incorporate diet and do exercises to manage it. And for best ways, you can talk to your physician.
- Eliminate your stress regularly: For a moment, get yourself away from all the worries and anxieties on a regular basis. And look towards the positives in your lives. This can maintain your BP in a normal range and diminish the bad eating habits caused by stress..
New Year Resolution for Being Fit
You should consider making New Year Resolution for decreasing your weight. For achieving this you may follow these steps:
- Calculate your BMI(Body Mass Index): The very beginning step is to know about how overweight you are by calculating your BMI. This can be done by weight (kg) divided by height (m). After that according to the BMI, you’ll given a category namely, underweight, fit, or obese.
- Check your medications: Ensure that you’re not consuming such medications that are the reason of increasing weight such as anti-psychotics, anti-convulsants, lithium or corticosteroids.
- Make a diary: Before you begin, you’re necessitated to know about your physical activity levels i.e. you’ve to keep a log of everything, what you eat n drink, how much calories you are consuming and how much you are spending each day.
- Set Up some of the goals: After getting familiar about what you eat, set up a goal to reduce 250-500 calories in a single day. Primarily, set up a goal for losing one or two lbs for the beginning months so as to decrease 10% weight in the beginning and then move further.
- Maintain a Schedule: You’ve to set up a schedule for consuming meal regularly. And don’t skip your breakfasts in any case.
- Watch your Proportions: It’s not only about what you consume, but how much you consume. Divide your plate in half portion (not actually, but on mental basis). The left one should possess only veggies. Then divide the right side plate once again and one fourth plate should contain carbohydrate and another one contains protein. Then calculate what you are eating.
- Choose your liquids vigilantly: For distinct patients, the fluids they consume contribute a lot too their calories. So drink only fluids without sugar or carbohydrates in it and also alcohol. You ought to drink at least eight glasses of water regularly.
- Avoid eating out: Avoid eating outside as much as probable. But if necessary, opt for healthier alternatives with salads etc with less calories and carbohydrates.
- No Gain without pain: Yup, I’m talking about exercise, there’s no alternative to it. You’ve to be in physical activity just like swimming, jogging etc. Devote at least 30 min to one hour to physical activity.
- Keep Away from weight Loss prescriptions: Many researches depicts that the medications used for the purpose of weight loss can reduce 11 pounds in a year, but they are not permanent solutions. Since, the patients gain the weight back again as the medication stopped.
New Year Resolution for Reducing the Risk of Diabetes
People think that handling diabetes is very easy, there’re many things we know we’re required to do regularly, but we often don’t do. This New Year why not makes a resolution for improving your health, and then you’ll find that your diabetes will be easier to handle and this time the symptoms will possibly be lighten, such as:
- Take Care of your diabetes: If you’re a diabetic patient, the most important thing you have to do to improve your health is to supervise your level of the blood sugar. You should not only monitor your blood sugar, but also your Blood Pressure, kidneys, blood cholesterol, eyes and all organs of your body. If you are a very busy person then you should consult your physician every 6 months at a minimum and if not, then it is recommended to do it in a month only.
- Consume your diabetes-related medications timely: Besides taking insulin, a diabetic patient should also consume other medications including blood cholesterol or blood pressure control medicines in accordance with the prescription. And you may also take multivitamin medications prescript for diabetics.
- Change your regular diet to acclimatize diabetes: The diabetes patient is required to control his or her diet as well. The patient is required to follow a well-balanced diet with minimum amount of fat, sugar, salt or carbohydrate etc. Apart from that, they should consume high fiber foods, oats, vegetables, grains, fruits etc. Since, it will not merely reduce your cholesterol level but also soothe your blood sugar.
- Manage your weight & Diabetes with Exercising: There’s a direction relationship between obesity and diabetes, since, a belly full of fat is directed towards increased insulin levels and thus diabetes. That’s the reason, it is significant to be active all the time and be fit always whether you are diabetic or not.
- Aware yourself about Diabetes continuously: You may’ve read many magazines or articles on diabetes and also discussed a lot with your doctors. But researches have shown that attaining adequate sleep i.e. 7-8 hours in a night can actually lessen the risk of causing diabetes and a person who smokes more than twenty cigarettes in a day can raise the risk of having diabetes almost partly. Therefore, it’s important to be updated from time to time about diabetes for the betterment.
- Therefore, this simple resolution for this New Year can make a lot change in your overall health. Of course, being habitual of this resolution will not heal your diabetes, but it can give you the required relief from its dreadful symptoms.
New Year Resolution for Avoiding Blood Pressure
This New Year why not makes a resolution for improving your health and give some time to it also. This year improve your condition of blood pressure and devote some time for it.
- Consume More Balanced Diets: The blood pressure patients are recommended to consume a well-balanced diet with whole foods. It doesn’t mean to completely cut out the readymade food, instead minimize them to the least. Since, you don’t know the ingredients that may harm you, so minimize as much as possible.
- Try to intake a plateful of fruits and vegetables per day: It can make a lot of variance to your health and your kids as well. Since, there’s no harm eating whole foods in spite of the medications you may have to take for increased or decreased blood pressure. So why not begin consuming fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. It can really assist you in this way.
- Cut Down the artificially sweetened cocktails or drinks (particularly POP): Since, POP can result in several health disorders including type II diabetes. Not only this, but different artificially sweetened beverages can augment the risk of having diabetes and increasing cholesterol up to an extent. So it is better to have lower sugar consumption as well as calories.
- Lessen the intake of Caffeine: The individuals who are more prone to headaches, depression, anxiety, stress, migraine, insomnia etc, should underrate the utilization of caffeine from their daily lives. You may either switch on the green tea, since it has quite low levels of the same. It has many benefits for your health also; it has anti-cancer ingredients with anti-oxidants that can prove better for your health.
- Know the power of Meditation: You should begin meditating for ten minutes per day at the minimum, as it helps your body to forget all your anxiety and worries and calms down your body. It, in addition, diminishes the heart rate as well as blood pressure, particularly helpful for the people suffering from anxiety, depression or insomnia etc.