Ques. 1 What is meant by Hypertension?
Ans. Hypertension may be systemic or pulmonary. Systemic hypertension is the persistent rise of basal blood pressure above the arbitrary level of 150/90 mm of Hg. Irrespective of age.
Ques. 2 Classify hypertension on different grounds.
Ans. Aetiological classification :
- Primary or Idiopathic or essential by far majority of cases (90%)
- Secondary :
- Extra renal- Cohn’s syndrome, Cushing’s syndrome, Phacechromocytoma, Climacteric hypertension, Diabetes mellitus, Thyrotoxicosis, A ortic stenosis, A ortic incompetence, Gout and osteoarthritis, Lead poisoning, chronic alcoholism. Enlarged prostate, Brain tumour, Polycythemia, Arteriosclerosis of pancreatic vessels.
- Renal – Acute and chronic glome rulonephritis, chronic pyelonephritis, polycystic kidneys, renal stones tuberculosis tumours of the kidney, injury, toxaemia of pregnancy.
III. Pathological :
obesity, Heredity, emotional upset, Psychological disturbances.
Clinical Features : Symptoms –
- Dizziness, impairment of memory, mental deterioration.
Ques. 3 What are the Various signs of Hypertension?
3) Hypertensive Retinopathy which consists of 4 types :
Narrowing of retinal vessles
(Type I) + exudates.
(Type I and Type II) + Heamorrhage
(Type I, Type II and Type III) + papilloedema.
4) Renal – Oliguria, uraemia, haematuria, polyuria also may be anuria.
5) Haemorrhage- Haematuria, heamatemesis and melaena, epistaxis, haemoptysis, menorrhagia etc.
6) Cardiac findings – (i) cardiac impulse heaving, (ii) presystolic gallop rhythm, (iii) second sound at the base accentuated and high pitched–Treatment is necessary. (iii) not to inform the patient.
Ques. 8 Which Homoeopathic Remedies are useful?
Ans. The Homoeopathic Remedies are :
(i) DIGITALIS – Sensation as if heart would stop beating if one moved. Palpitation excited by talking, motion or on lying down. Short, hurried breathing.
(ii) GELSEMIUM – Desires to be alone. Dullness, drowsiness and dizziness trembling are the keynotes of this remedy. Vertigo and giddiness. Excessive action of the heart, palpitation, Sensation as if heart’s action would ceases. Pulse slow & full, frequent soft and weak, almost imperceptible, intermittent. Fear of death.
(iii) CONIUM – Especially for old people. Weak memory, forgetfulness, vertigo. Headache. Violent palpitation of heart, irregular pulse. Trembling gait. Want of sound sleep, sleep full of frightful dreams.
(iv) CACTUS GR, - Palpitation with vertigo, loss of consciousness. Dyspnoea ; worse at night, lying on left side, from exertion. Sensation of constriction in heart, as if an iron hand prevented its normal action..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|