Apple Cider Vinegar, herein after referred to as ACV is nothing, but a fermented product that is made out of crushed apples that are aged. Among the many versions of ACV, the healthiest version is known to have the colony of a wide range of beneficial bacteria and so it can bring many health benefits. This substance is naturally rich in different minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and many other minerals to bring digestive and weight loss benefits. Reports state that the father of medicine called as Hippocrates has used this substance as a medicine for a wide range of ailments.
For weight loss:
Among the many uses of ACV, apple cider vinegar for weight loss is less known. But, it can bring weight loss results because of the following reasons:
When you use apple cider vinegar for weight loss, it will make you eat less by producing a feeling of satiety. According to a study conducted by the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, it was found that people, who had a slice of bread along with ACV, were able to feel fuller as against, those who took bread alone.
It can control blood sugar levels:
It can prevent uncontrollable insulin spikes in the body. When the blood sugar level becomes stable, it will be much easier for you to stick to your diet and you will be in a position to eat only when you actually feel hunger. In the study stated previously, the blood sugar levels of people, who took ACV was also monitored and it was found that they had a lower postprandial sugar level in the blood. Also, there was no sugar hike following a meal with high carbohydrate content.
Prevents fat accumulation:
When apple cider vinegar for weight loss is used, it will stimulate the rate of metabolism in your body and so fat burning will happen at a faster pace. The organic acid and enzyme content of ACV makes this possible. Besides helping in controlling cholesterol, ACV is also known to prevent fat accumulation.
Besides all these things, it will also help in body detoxification and will have a positive impact on insulin secretion. This is why it is stated to be ideal for those looking for weight loss.
How to use it for weight loss?
If you are not used to the taste and aroma of ACV, you can gradually include it in your diet in the following manner:
- You can add a spoon of vinegar to a cup of water and can drink it once in a day. Then, slowly increase the amount of vinegar per serving and also the frequency of drinking.
- The ideal thing when it comes to apple cider vinegar for weight loss is that you should add two tablespoons of vinegar to a cup of water and drink it once to three times in a day.
- To ensure feeling of fullness and to kick start to metabolism, it would be ideal to drink this drink an hour before meal. The best thing you can do is to drink it first thing in the morning.
Apple cider vinegar for skin:
ACV is known to provide excellent treatment for different skin issues like pimples, acne and warts. Even, it is stated to be a great everyday product for maintenance and improvement of overall skin health. It will bring a smooth texture and younger look to the skin. It is a proven method for skin care that is used for centuries as a natural remedy that does not contain any harsh chemicals. Apple cider vinegar for skin is recommended due to its following properties:
- It is effective in controlling body temperature
- It will help in receiving protection from the harmful elements in the environment
- It is effective in receiving and conveying information from external stimuli
- It can unclog the pores in the skin, thereby preventing breakouts and will help in proper breathing of the skin.
- It will help in creation of a protective layer for the skin and will prevent skin from getting too much dry.
- It treats skin issues because of its beta carotene content, anti-bacterial properties and its ability to restore the pH balance.
How to use ACV for skin care?
Just take 250 ml of filtered water and tap water will do. Also, take 250 ml of ACV and you can buy apple cider vinegar online. It is better to choose organic, unpasteurized and unfiltered vinegar for this purpose. Mix these two things and store the same in a bottle. When you will have to use apple cider vinegar for skin, you will have to take one part of this mixture and one part of water to apply on the affected areas of your skin. Make sure that the stored water is shook well before use, so that the cloudy sediment at the bottom will get mixed in the content to be applied on your skin.
So, the benefits of apple cider vinegar are countless and apple cider vinegar for hair is widely known and used. Let us find some details in this regard.
Apple cider vinegar for hair:
ACV is a natural conditioner, it can improve porosity and it can play an important role in combating tangles. It is effective in hair loss treatment, besides it will help in cleansing as well. Being a pH balancer, it can be effective for usage after shampooing. It can treat dry and itchy scalp and can bring down frizz. It can prevent split ends. When it comes to usage of apple cider vinegar for hair, you can mix it with water as a conditioner after hair wash.
When talking about the benefits of apple cider vinegar, it is also important to understand apple cider vinegar side effects. As it is highly acidic in nature, it should be diluted before use; otherwise, it can bring ill-effects to skin, hair and tooth.