Reiki is composed of two Japanese words - Rei and Ki. Reiki therapy is Japanese technique which promotes healing and helpful in stress reduction and provides relaxation also. It is based on the idea that unseen life force energy flows through us and is what causes us to be alive and it is administered by laying on hands. If someone life force energy is low then he becomes sick or feels stress and if someone life force energy is high then he becomes healthy and happy. So Reiki is actually spiritually guided life force energy. Reiki is a simple, safe and natural method of spiritual healing and self-enhancement that everybody can use. Reiki therapy is very effective in curing illness and gives beneficial results. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
What does Reiki Therapy Do?
Reiki treatment was done on four levels like physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. It simply means that Reiki therapy can help in healing. In most cases, Reiki does improvement whether used in conjunction with either outdated or holistic medicine. It can help in healing injuries, speed the process of recovery, and even assist in resolving emotional issues. It restores energetic balance and repair things like blockages and tears that create illness and sadness.
Reiki is a superb relaxation technique as well as healing energy work. It is a 21-day program. Reiki treatment is like meditation and it is good technique which is beneficial to the peoples. In this you have to place your hands on your body for several minutes, allowing universal life-force energy to flow through you, your hands to your body. Then take time to relax and to go deep into a very meditative state. Usually, a Reiki practitioner places his/her hands on the receiver over the chakras, working along the back and the front of the body. There are seven major chakras on our body and hundreds of minor ones - all the acupressure points are our energy centres.
For doing Reiki Meditation, you have to either consult a Reiki master or join classes in which they tell you about the hand positions through which you can heal energy. The foundation of the Reiki system is made of 3 traditional techniques. This include:
- Kenyoku Hô is a cleansing method
- Jôshin Kokyû Hô is a focus breathing method
- Seishin Toitsu is a mind unification method
These techniques help in purifying the mind as well as the soul.
The system of Reiki healing is based on the idea of invisible life force energy. The same force that is called prana by the Hindus chi by the Chinese mana by the Kahunas and bioplasmic energy by the Russian researchers. A lower-than-optimum level of this energy causes diseases and stress. Reiki therapy is alternative or complementary therapy, healing powers and positive energy. It is an excellent form of meditation. The healing is of two types i.e. touch and non-touch. The steps of healing are as follows:
- Imagine yourself in a white light pyramid with master above you protecting you
- Actual healing with affirmation and visualisation
The healing time for adults is 3-5 minutes and for infants, it is 10-15 minutes. The children who are below the age of 8 years cannot attend the sessions.
There are five symbols of Reiki. The Reiki symbols are used when Reiki treatments are conducted. Reiki symbols are shrouded in mystery and secrecy. These symbols are scared, and they do not hold any special power in of themselves.
- CHU KO RAY which is also called The Power Symbol – This symbol is used to increase Reiki power. This can also be used for the treatments of spots, cleans negative energies, spiritual protection, aid manifestation, etc. It is used to provide energy.
- SEI HEI KE which is also called The Mental/Emotional Symbol – This symbol is used for healing and calming the mind. It is very good for psychic protection, balance the left and right brain, healing past traumas, remove negative energies and vibrations, etc. It restores emotional balance and harmony.
- HON SHA ZE SHO NEN which is also called The distance Symbol – This symbol is used to send Reiki over distance and time to anyone and anything.
- TAM-A-RA-SHA which is also called The Balancing Factor – This symbol is used to balance energy, helps in unblocking the energy chakra and helps in reducing the pain.
- DAI KO MYO which is also called The Master Symbol – This symbol is the most powerful symbol and can be used only by Reiki masters. It is used to heal the soul.
The benefits of Reiki therapy are as follows:
- Releases stress and anxiety
- Balances energy
- Helps in releasing emotions
- Reduces pain and suffering
- Increases awareness
- Improve sense of well-being
- Increases creativity
- Minimize the feeling of fatigue
- Boost the immune system
- Enhance the feeling of peace and relaxation