Shatavari is an indigenous medicine of India also mentioned under six important rasayanas in ayurveda. It is a member of asparagus family with a botanical name Asparagus racemosus. This herb is a wood climber; with thin branches and feathery leaves.
The Sanskrit word shatavri suggest “ablility to have 100 husbands” it is also known as “Queen of herbs” and “Female Health Formula” because of its property of strengthening the reproductive system of women. It is especially used in Ayurveda to correct Pitta dosha imbalance.
1. Female diseases: It is a great tonic for the feminine system as it tones and cleanses the uterus. It balances the pitta dosha which have soothing effects on the symptoms of inflammation during menstruation & menopause. It maintains a healthy hormonal balance which regulates ovulation and increases fertility.
2. Menstrual Regulator: Shatavari is a feminine tonic which brings balance to the female menstrual cycle. It treats many menstrual disorder like dysmenorrhoea, menorrhagia and also gives effective results in common symptoms of menses such as emotional irritability, headaches and abdominal cramping. So it promotes healthy and regular menstrual cycle.
3. Menopausal syndrome: Shatavari relieves menopausal symptoms by producing estrogens in body which makes up for low estrogen levels in women who are menopausal or have had hysterectomies or oophorectomies
4. Lactaion: This herb consist a galactagogue component which increases milk secretion during lactation due to this shatavri provides a effective supports for normal production of breast milk for nursing mothers.
5. Aphrodisiac: Shatavari benefits male and female sexual debility and reproductive problems by increasing sperm count in men and sexual arousal in women.
6. Immunomodulator: The research says that regular intake of shatavri increases the production of white blood cell count which boost up the immunity.
7. Other uses: Shatavari is also used in urinary problem, recurrent vaginal infection hyperacidity, stomach ulcers, insominia, GIT disorders, mental disorder, dysentery, and bronchial infections.
How to uses?
SHATAVARI KALPA is a well known Ayurvedic health drink easliy available in market. Shatavari tuberous roots have been recognised in Ayurveda as drug acting on all tissues as a powerful anabolic. It is good for muscles, female reproductive organs, increases milk secretion and helps to regain vigour and vitality.
|You must also Read:|
|Fruits And Vegetables For Healthy Eyes|
|Diet for Healthy Pregnancy|
|Acupressure Therapy For Healing The Body|
SHATAVARI KALPA is a well known Ayurvedic health drink easliy available in market. Shatavari tuberous roots have been recognised in Ayurveda as drug acting on all tissues as a powerful anabolic. It is good for muscles, female reproductive organs, increases milk secretion and helps to regain vigour and vitality. Velchi is added as aromatic, stimulant, carminative and flavouring agent. Useful in Hyperacidity and can be used regularly as a food supplement.
It is an Ayurvedic health drink recommended for regular use for entire family. Dosage and Administration - 2 tablespoon full to be taken twice a day with milk.
There are other different commercial products such as shatavri powder, granules, capsules are available in market which one can use.
Shatavari Side Effects
- Shatavri is considered as safe drug but in few cases it is contraindicated:
- People who are allergic to shatavari should avoid taking this as can have allergy to the skin.
- If you are taking diuretics or lithium medication you should avoid this herb as it can be responsible for your stomach-ache, gassiness, fatigue, dizziness, anxiety.
- People suffering from estrogens disorders and fibrocystic breasts should not use the herb.
- After a long use some may experience tender breasts.
- A patient suffering from renal disease or cardiovascular disorder should avoid this herb or can take after consulting with the practitioner.
- While using shatavri patient should have regular check on weight.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|