No one can deny the fact that prevention is better than cure. Identifying health issues on early stages will help the doctor to a great extent in curing the issue and it will also be helpful in saving money for the patient as well.
Does a normal health insurance include coverage for preventive health care measures?
The unfortunate thing in India is that a typical health insurance does not provide coverage for preventive measures like doctor’s advice and tests for diagnosis. The money spent by people on these preventive measures is huge in India as people these days are more concerned about their health. However, the relieving news to Indian consumers is that there are preventive health care plans that are designed with a view to make these heavy expenses to stay within the reach of a common man in India. There are insurance companies, who have joined hands with many service providers to make this type of plan accessible for Indian consumers.
What are the benefits of preventive health insurance coverage?
A wide range of benefits are offered by this type of health care plan in such a way that people can stay healthy all round the year. This type of policy will be of great help for common people to gain from the immense expertise of specialized health care providers without having to spend anything. Here is the list of benefits people can get from this type of policy:
• Best in-class facilities in hospitals and clinics
• Privileged rates at radiology and pathology labs
• Concessions at dental services
• Rate reduction at pharmacies
• Concession at diagnostic centers
• Free second opinion in the case of critical health issues
• Free consultation with physician either through online chat or over phone
• Free health checkup
Not only for diagnostics and consultation, a preventive health care plan can be of great help for common people on treatment plans as well. In addition, there will be tax reduction under section 80 (D) of Income Tax Act as well. In short, purchasing a preventive health insurance plan can be stated as a smart step to ensure better health.
How to use preventive health insurance plan?
This involves just a 4-step process, which is given below:
1. Initially, you will have to get a membership card
2. After getting membership, you can just call the helpline number and can describe your health issue to the representative
3. The representative will connect you to a specialized doctor as per your issue.
4. Apart from getting substantial savings, you can get benefited the diagnostic and medical services with the help of your card.
How is preventive health coverage different from normal health insurance coverage?
You should never confuse preventive health insurance coverage with a normal health insurance. Both these policies cover different health care objectives and so taking both these policies is essential. Preventive health coverage will cover you during diagnosis period, while this is not the case of normal health insurance coverage. There are many benefits associated with the former. For instance, dental services are included in the former, while they are not included in the latter.