Here we are sharing some home remedies for acidity that helps in digestion system as the secretion of hydrochloric acids from the gastric gland of stomach helps to get rid of stomach aches. This acid helps in digestion but when it secrets over then its normal limit it causes a troublesome disorder known as acidity. Heart burn, discomfort, regurgitation are some of the common symptoms of it.
As per ayurveda acidity is a disorder caused due to aggravation of pitthadosha. And this imbalance of pitthadosha is caused by excessive intake of tea, coffee, smoking, alcohol, sour or spicy foods and liquids, white flour products, white sugar products, stress, NSAID Drugs and improper diet.
- First off all skip your bed tea and start taking two glass of luke warm water early in the morning with 1 tsp roasted jeera powder.
- Whenever you feel heartburn drink a glass of cold milk with fennel and cardamom.
- Start taking i.e pomegranate juice, amla juice or aloevera juice 10ml daily
- Tea of mint leaf or pudina has a cooling effect and improves digestion.
- You can also try Chamomile tea or licorice root powder tea it reduce acid reflux symptoms.
- Start taking butter milk or lassi with your meal.
- Clove and Elaichi all together help to reduce the secretion off excess acid in stomach
- Coconut water with 1 tsp liquorice powder every day just before meal will help you.
- Haritaki and bhringraja all alone are used to treat aggravatedpitthadosha but in acid reflux disorder this herbs can be taken together with amount 5gm each with luke warm water.
- Apple cider vinegar with honey will also help you to get rid of acidity.
Diet and life style changes:
- Practice Yoga and Pranayama such as Vajrasana, Bhujangasana, Salabhasana, BhastrikaPranayama,Shitali Pranayama and Shitkari Pranayama.
- Start taking small and frequent meal
- Fruits like cucumber, water melon, banana, papaya, pomegranate, apple, dates are good in this condition
- Avoid Junk ,spicy, oily food, chocolates, red meats, alcohol, smoking, excessive tea-coffee especially bed tea, pickles, maida products, and vinegar in cooking.
Herbal medicine for acidity:
- Kamadhugdharas, sutshekarras are ayurvedic medicine very effective in treating acidity one tablet thrice a day
- Aviipathikar churn 1tsp with water before meal
- Narikellavan with 250 ml mathaa
- SukumaraGhrita one tsp with one cup of milk
Prepared by : Dr. Shivani Amola