We sometimes hear about the term medical malpractice, do we really know what does it actually means? Medical malpractice can be defined as the carelessness of doctor or any other person related to medical profession during the treatment or analysis of a patient. So we can say that medical malpractice can occur when the medical care is provided to the patients below its consented standard of caring. There are many laws set up the government for medical malpractices, but these might differ from one state to another. But these laws are proposed to dissuade and also to reimburse the victim as well as its family.
You can find medical malpractice in various types of circumstances comprises of wrong analyzing medically, delay in analyzing, mistakes in surgery, injuries related to child birth, faults in giving anesthesia, errors in prescription and many more. There are several types of medical malpractice incidents that can be filed against any person related to medical profession such as doctors, hospitals, nurses, pharmacists, chemists or any other health care professional. There are some of the most usual incidents which occurred as a result of medical malpractices:
· Child Birth Grievances – The happiness of the mother and her family in the delivery room suddenly turns into grief, whenever they get to know about any mishaps. Medical malpractice cases can also be seen in which the responsibility goes to the hospital for any child birth injury. Such as due to the condition of cerebral palsy and lack of oxygen, brain damage can occur and Rh incompatibilities etc are other complications that might occur.
· Mistakes in Surgery – Surgical procedures are very uncertain and risky to get executed. As if any medical malpractice occurs, then it may result in serious injuries or other side effects also. Assessment, preparation, or any other part of the surgical procedure or some post-functioning care.
· Inaccurate anesthesia – The anesthesia which is generally given in the beginning of any surgery entails to have delicate procedures. This can lead to any damage or even death, if used improperly. The use of anesthetic agents, other substances, medicines, oxygen or equipments etc must be done properly in a systematic way.
· Catastrophe in diagnosing and Treatment – This type of medical malpractice can happen when a medical field specialist is given enough information about the patient to diagnose, and he makes an erroneous diagnosis which in turn results in severe side effects. In other words, whatever that medical specialist had done will in turn become costly to a patient. Even delaying a diagnosis or treatment procedure can also be considered as the type of medical malpractice.
· Faults in Medication – The most unusual type of medical practice is considered as the wrong prescript medicines. Even if some situation based carelessness that can result in wrong medication in which patients are given wrong dosage of medicine comes in the category of medical malpractice. These faults can be done by nurses, physicians, doctors, staff people or pharmacists etc.
· Expiry medicines or drugs – Medical Malpractice can occur in the case also when the patient gets side effects due to defective or expiry medicines or drug products. If the medicine is not up to the mark and not meet safety standard, it is defective for sure. But if the patient is not even warned about its side effects, then he can ask for the compensation from the doctor or to the hospital or from the drug provider.
If you experience any type of medical malpractice then it is very essential to contact to medical malpractice legal representative who will help you in investigating the legality of your claim provided and will also help you plan all the process done legally.