You might be well-aware of the old belief that reads that people get wiser when they get older. It is believed that wisdom comes with the age and to test this old adage, researchers conducted a study to know when does the brain of humans reaches their cognitive peak. As per a study report published in Psychological Science, it is found that even though, it is stated that the functioning of brain deteriorate with advancement of age, some become actually sharper as age advances and this process continues in them throughout their life.
A research was conducted with 50,000 online questionnaires and the answers were compared to that of previously-published results of IQ and memory tests. These two tests were conducted among people between the age group of 16 and 89 years.
What does results state?
The results show the following things:
• When some cognitive abilities can heighten in the early adulthood and then start to decline, some humans do not reach their top-most level until they reach the age of 40s.
• Reports further add that the ability to recall information will generally at its height in the late teens and all through the 20s.
• Other abilities like vocabulary will continue to reach heightened state even in the early 70s.
• It was also found that the visual short-memory tasks will be the strongest at the age of 30s.
• In addition, humans will gain the ability to perceive the emotions of others when they are between the age group of 40 and 50 years.
Proven brain boosters:
People, who wish to sharpen their brain, can follow some exercises to achieve the same. The following exercises are known to improve the performance of this human brain:
• Physical exercises can pump the blood to the brain and will encourage the growth of brain cells, thereby making it sharper
• Mentally stimulating activities are known to be effective in this regard.
• Music is known to have the ability to improve focus and people also gain the ability to anticipate events when they regularly listen to their favorite music.
• Nurturing relationships is one of the best ways to improve the performance of this organ with great hidden powers.
• Vitamin and protein-rich foods are known to improve the functioning of this organ
• Even though, alcoholism is not encouraged, it is found that drinking alcoholic beverages sparingly can play a major role in improving the performance of brain.
• Staying away from smoking is important. The reason is that this habit can bring down the ability of the body to take oxygen to the brain and this habit can also speed up the natural aging process of the brain.
• Protecting your head is something highly important to ensure that your brain will reach its height at the appropriate age.
So, reports state that there is no specific age at which the human brain will deliver its utmost potential. It all depends on individuals and their social habits and many other personal factors that decide the cognitive abilities in humans..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|