Winter season is on its way are you ready to combat this coldest season of year. Winters no doubt come with its dreaded cold and flu season. This is the prime time for illness. But ayurveda provides you plenty of natural remedies to boost up your immunity in this season so beside getting sick you can enjoy it.
Top 5 naturopathic medicines which keep you healthy in winter
Here are some tips to keep healthy as well as immune system booster in this winter season:
1. Boost up your diet : During this period cold air increases the jathragni(digestive power). This needs to be satisfied with heavy diet.
Start your day by eating warm bowlful porridge on a cold morning; it also helps boost your intake of starchy foods and fibre. Its energy content is high which make you feel fuller for longer, stopping the temptation to snack mid-morning. Oats also contain lots of vital vitamins and minerals. Beside this eat plenty of lean meats, poultry, low-fat dairy, fish, legumes, nuts and seeds, and use lots of herbs and spices
And most important avoid processed foods, fried foods, refined sugars or chemical additives.
|You must also Read:|
|Fruits And Vegetables For Healthy Eyes|
|Diet for Healthy Pregnancy|
|Acupressure Therapy For Healing The Body|
2. Focus on vitamin C and vitamin D : Research says that vitamin C boost up the immunity by increasing the production of white blood cells. So add lemons, kiwifruits, capsicum and broccoli in daily meal as they are rich in vitamin C.
Decrease sugar intake in your daily meal. When you eat sugar it competes with vitamin C and which brings down the activity of your immune system and vitamins to build immune system too.
Sunshine vitamin D is very important for your body. So make sure you are getting time to spend in sun. Besides this best food sources of natural vitamin D are egg yolks, fish like salmon and organ meats, and some mushrooms.
3. Drink green tea, chamomile tea, and other teas : In Winter season people start taking too much of tea so now lets convert the tea into a herbal tea. Green tea, basil tea , ginger tea and chamomile tea can help strengthen the immune system. Even if the effect is minimal, you can't go wrong, since these herbs are loaded with powerful antioxidants unique to each tea.
4. Do some exercise or yoga : Regular morning walk along with 30 minute exercise or yoga is important for your mental health and fitness. As a moderate level of regular exercise is one of the best immune modulator.
If it's too cold to get outside, you can also try doing some healing yoga or evening walk.
5. Scrub up : Frequent hand washing prevent you from getting sick and spreading illness as it limits the transfer of bacteria, viruses and other microbes. Wash your hands with Luke warm water and soap for 20 seconds to help dislodge germs and rinse well.
5 Herbal Remedies for winters
1. Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea)
This species is the best herb to increase white blood cells to increases immunitySo add lemons, kiwifruits, capsicum and broccoli in daily meal as they are rich in vitamin C.
This species is the best herb to increase white blood cells to increases immunity. Echinacea products are available in tablets, juice, and tea.
2. Astragalus (astragalus membranaceus)
This is a Chinese herb which work as a immunomodulator along with antiviral properties.
It is used in various health conditions . for instance it is used to treat upper respiratory infection, common cold and many others. Dosages- 400-500 milligram capsule per day.
3. Ginseng(panax ginseng) and Siberian ginseng(Eleutherococcus senticosus)
These two herbs have wide range of health benefits. Used to combat cold and flu. Dosages-400-600miligram capsules per day.
4. Elder(s. canadensis)
These trees berries are tasty flu fighter. Commercial syrup and lozenges with elderberry extract are easily available on market.
5. Boneset(Eupatorium perfoliatum)
This herb has a long tradition of use for cold and flu. It’s used to induce sweating, reduce fever and ease body aches.
5 Ayurveda medicine to fight winters
- Haridra khand-1 tsp with luke warm water/milk
- Agastastya haritki-1 tsp with luke warm water/milk
- chitrakadi leha-1 tsp with luke warm water/milk
- Vyaghri haritki-1 tsp with luke warm water/milk
- chawaynprash- 1 tsp with lukewarm water/mil
All these Ayurveda drugs are immunity enhancer in winter season. They have antimicrobial property to fight the any type of infection..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|