World Immunization Week is an international public health campaign that is aimed at creating and increasing awareness among public and to increase the rate of immunization. This is done with a view to help them get rid of the chances of diseases that can be prevented with the help of vaccines. This week falls every year during the last week of the month of April.
What do statistics show?
Statistics shows that immunization can protect against 25 varied infectious diseases right from infancy to old age. Some of the most known diseases that can be prevented with the help of vaccines include tetanus, polio, pertussis, measles and diphtheria. According to the records of World Health Organization, even though, vaccination currently prevents nearly 2-3 million deaths from around the world every year, nearly 22.6 million infants from around the world are still missing out even fundamental vaccines and this is known to happen mostly in developing nations. The World Immunization Week is one of the 8 official campaigns marked by the World Health Organization.
Let us understand the importance of vaccination:
Not just for babies and children, there are vaccines available for adults as well. Not just kids, but some adults also fear immunization. Just because of the fear towards needles, we are losing many health benefits associated with immunization. It is important to understand the importance of vaccination and here are some reasons to get vaccinated, which is important not just for babies, but also for adult:
- Diseases that can be prevented with the help of vaccines have not gone away from the world.
- Vaccines will help in keeping yourself and your family healthy by preventing against infections
- They are important for overall health like exercise and diet
- Immunization can mean the difference between life and death
- Vaccines are safe
- Vaccines will not bring the disease for which they are actually intended for prevention
- Vaccines are important for healthy and young people as well.
You must also Read: Fruits And Vegetables For Healthy Eyes Diet for Healthy Pregnancy Acupressure Therapy For Healing The Body
- Vaccines are important for healthy and young people as well. The reason is that they can also get infected
- Diseases that can be prevented with vaccines are costlier to treat
- When a single individual in the family gets infected, there are chances of the infection to spread to others as well, if they are also not vaccinated
For these reasons, the importance of vaccination should be understood to ensure a happy life for your family.
Immunization for babies:
When it comes to vaccination for babies, even though, each country has their own national immunization schedule, there are specific lists associated with each country. Here is the list of vaccines to be given to your baby, if he/she is delivered in India:
Statistics on Immunization:
If you are interested in gathering statistics about vaccination in India, you can refer to cso India for the same. So, with the immunization week fast approaching, it is important that besides keeping ourselves aware of the importance of immunization, we should try spreading the information to others as well..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|