URINARY TRACT INFECTION :
Urinary tract infections are among the most common entities in clinical practices. A urinary tract infection or UTI is an infection affecting any part of the urinary tract including the bladder, kidneys, ureters and urethra. Infection occurs when bacteria attack the bladder or urethra. UTI with E-coli being the most common in female, due to inadequately treatment. It may produce complications, like cystitis and abnormal renal function.
According to ayurveda: urinary tract infection is known as “mutra kriccha”. Mutra vaha srotus (kidney-urethra-bladder) is the most important among the trimarma, any obstruction or inflammation due to any reason may produce abnormalities in urine formation and excretion.
Women are especially prone to getting UTIs since the urethra is shorter and closer to the anus. Older men with enlarged prostate are also at risk.
The following are some of the factors that can cause UTIs
• Excess intake of alcohal
• Intake of steroids
• Kidney stones
• Heat and hot atmosphere
• Narrowed urethra
• Insufficient fluid intake
• Enlarged prostate (BPH)
• Sexual intercourse especially with multiple partners
• Using a diaphragm for birth control
• STD(Sexually Transmitted Disease)
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS :
• Blood in the urine
• Painful or burning urination
• Nausea, fever and chills
• Frequent urge to urinate
• Need to urinate at night
• Cloudy or foul smelling urine
• Pain in the side
• supra pubic discomfort
• Painfull intercourse
• Pain in the penis
HOME REMEDY :
• Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water as it helps to wash out the infection
• Drink ¼ cup of onion juice along with 1 tea spoon sugar twice a day.
This helps relieve burning sensation.
• Mix 1 tsp punarnava leaves juice,2 tsp pasan bheda leaves juice and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Take the mixture twice a day.
• Drinking of coconut water.
• Drinking of cool milk, with rose water are very helpful
AYURVEDIC REMEDIES :
• Gokshuradi guggulu- 2 tab. thrice a day with 15ml of punarnavasa mixed in equal quantity of warm water. Take the mixture after food as it may trigger acidity.
• chandraprabha vati taken in dose of 1 tablet thrice a day is also effective.
• To relieve the burning sensation one may take 20ml of usheerasava or chandanasava with equal amount of warm water after food.
• Chandanadi vati– 2 tab twice a day
Or Chandra kala – 1 tab twice a day
• Triphala churna -10 gm, yawakshar- 2 gm and misri -10 gm. Mix all and take twice a day.
• Tab neo, tab cystone , tab neeri are also helpful in UTI.