What is hypertension, it is synonymous with High Blood Pressure which is an emerging concern for the health department of many nations. In our daily life where we are loaded with work pressure, tiring schedule, fast lifestyle, physical inactivity, fatty food, alcohol invite hypertension. It creates other health hazards, and it is observed that around seven people out of 10 suffer from stroke, heart attacks, kidney failure because of the prevalent stress. Hypertension risk factors include obesity, smoking and family history also affects millions even children and teens know more about what is hypertension.
Causes of Hypertension
The majority of hypertension cases are primary because the causes are unknown. When major problems like kidney disease or hormonal disorder cause the high blood pressure, then it is called secondary hypertension.
The Causes are as Follows:
- Age – The probability of hypertension is more in the older people who cross the age of 60. The risk increases with the increasing in the age of an individual.
- Diet – The unhealthy salt-rich diet and fatty food can cause hypertension.
- Excessive alcohol consumption – The main cause of hypertension is excessive alcohol consumption because alcohol is not good for health.
- Lack of exercise – The schedule of life is very busy these days. Peoples have no time to do exercise this can cause hypertension.
- Size – The size of the people's matters in the case of hypertension. Those people who are overweight or obese it may happen to them.
- Sex – The risk of hypertension is same for males and females. Males have a higher rate at younger age and females have a higher rate of hypertension at an older age.
- Lifestyle – The lifestyle of peoples is very different. The greater intake of dietary salt, excessive alcohol and physical inactivity cause hypertension.
Prevention of Hypertension
Quit Addiction: Cigarette and alcohol are equally harmful and prime causes of hypertension. Both of them affect our heart and cause the alarming situation. Cigarette leaves its impact on our lungs, and it is responsible for narrow arteries and veins. Excessive drinking leads to the serious cardiovascular problem. What is hypertension during pregnancy cigarette and alcohol are strictly forbidden as it may cause birth defects.
Shed extra Kilos: Overweight is a curse to our health. Fast food, fatty, oily items, chocolates, dairy products all that we are having are responsible for those extra kilos that need to be cut off from our body. Obsessed people are always prone to high blood pressure. Diet food, green leafy vegetables, low-fat dishes should be on your food chart if you want to remain hale and hearty.
Daily Physical Exercise: As physical inactivity is one of the causes of high blood pressure, we should give priority to physical fitness and daily exercise. Consult an instructor and fix a schedule for physical classes. In this way, you can manage your weight as well. Meditation and yoga are other good options that give healthy benefits. Now Government is also promoting yoga which is one of the natural processes to control stress and pressure.
Stress Management: Fast life mingles with the unhealthy lifestyle, immense work pressure, target, job threat and much more which add tension and anxiety. Nothing can be helpful you if you are not cool, calm and patient. You should know how to de-stress yourself. Many consider listening to good music, cooking, travelling, and writing as stress busters.
Food Habits Food intake and weight gain complement each other. What is hypertension not only the quantity but proper timing of food from breakfast to dinner is to be followed. You can not keep yourself agile by keeping fast. Oil free boiled food, sprouts and fruits should be added to your diet. Inadequate consumption of protein, vitamin, calcium and other minerals also increase the chances of high blood pressure and weaken the pumping of the heart to prevent hypertension. Some believe this disease is hereditary.