Minerals for the body is essential for good health. Minerals, together with Vitamins, play a direct role in the function of growth, development and maintenance of the body. However, vitamins help the organs and systems perform their duties. Minerals help to create the environment where vitamins can do their work. Both are necessary, and one cannot function without the other. Here you will get important minerals for the body with their sources.
Calcium along with phosphorous keep the bones and teeth healthy.
- There is more calcium in your boy than any other minerals.
- Deficiency of calcium causes rickets and osteoporosis (brittle bones).
- To be sure that calcium is absorbed, there needs to be a sufficient amount of vitamin D in the body.
- The required dosage increases with age: 1400 mg in an adult; 800 mg. for a young person; This amount may be increased if osteoporosis, rickets, etc., is present.
- Calcium and magnesium are important in making sure the cardiovascular system works properly.
Food sources containing Calcium: Milk, yogurt, dolomite, almonds ,green vegetables, Cheese, molasses, and soya beans.
Phosphorus also comes under the category of essential minerals for the body.
Food sources containing phosphorus: Eggs, fish, grains, poultry, yellow cheese, milk, yogurt. ,yeast
Food sources containing iron: Molasses, eggs, fish, poultry, wheat germ, crushed wheat. ,red meat ,pork ,beans ,seafood and leafy vegetables.
Food sources containing magnesium: Coca ,bran ,almonds ,dried cashew nuts ,dried pumpkin seeds ,peanut butter.
Food sources containing manganese: Bananas, bran, celery, cereals, egg yolk, green leafy vegetable, legumes, whole grains.
This gland controls the body’s metabolism and gives the body its energy. When this gland does not function properly, it can cause obesity or a lack of weight.
Food sources containing Iodine: Shellfish, kelp tablets (marine sediments), iodized salt .,oysters ,tinned salmon.
These above are necessary minerals for the body; people should have to take care of these all.