Prevention of heart disease by ayurveda
Treatment of the causative factor or avoiding the cause is the first step of prevention from all heart disease. Ayurveda always give prime importance to prevention than the cure of a disease. These days when cardiac problem are increasing day by day this subject is more concern, to check epidemics.
Recently the following 10 factors are established, responsible to create problems for heart, these are :
1. Family history
2. Male sex
6. Hyper lipidemia
|You must also Read:|
|How Physiotherapy is Beneficial for Back Pain|
|How Swimming Exercises is The Best for Our Health?|
|Dehydration In Adults - Some Facts To Know|
8. Poor diet
10. Physically inactive
These factors are very well prevented if desired deeply, it is evident that lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and stop smoking seems to be very effective in reducing risk of cadiac disorders. Presently the life style is very complex and tensive, which ultimately leads to certain emotional disorders,
Heart disease can be improved and prevented — by making certain lifestyle changes.
The following changes can help anyone who wants to improve heart health:
• Stop smoking - Smoking is a major risk factor for heart disease, especially atherosclerosis. Quitting is the best way to reduce your risk of heart disease and its complications.
• Control your blood pressure - Optimal blood pressure is less than 120 systolic and 80 diastolic mm. He or she may recommend more frequent measurements if your blood pressure is higher than normal or you have a history of heart disease.
• Check your cholesterol - You may need to start testing earlier if high cholesterol is in your family. If your test results aren't within desirable ranges avoid fried and junk foods.
• Keep diabetes under control - If you have diabetes, tight blood sugar control can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
• Regular exercise- Exercise helps you achieve and maintain a healthy weight and control diabetes, elevated cholesterol and high blood pressure — all risk factors for heart disease. Atleast 30 -40 minutes exercise daily. Morning walk daily minimum 2 km.
• Eat healthy foods - A heart-healthy diet based on fruits, vegetables and whole grains — and low in saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium and added sugar — can help you control your weight, blood pressure and cholesterol. Avoid fried, spicy and acidic food.
• Maintain a healthy weight- Being overweight increases your risk of heart disease. BMI of less than 25 and a waist circumference of 35 inches (88.9 centimeters) or less is the goal for preventing and treating heart disease.
• Manage stress - Reduce stress as much as possible. Practice techniques for managing stress, such as muscle relaxation and deep breathing yoga. Ex- Pranayama and shavasana daily
• Deal with depression- Being depressed can increase your risk of heart disease significantly. Talk to your doctor if you feel hopeless or uninterested in your life.
• Practice good hygiene- Stay away from people with infectious diseases such as colds, get vaccinated against the flu, regularly wash your hands, and brush your teeth regularly to keep yourself well.
Dr. Amit Adhana
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Be careful about monsoon season's darker sides|
|Surprising Causes Behind Constipation|
|Is Sugar Free Natura Healthy and Good for Health?|