Quit smoking is not so hard to follow and inculcate within the life’s routine but still people say it is tough. Smoking is a psychological and physical addiction which takes you on toll & destructs your life completely. Passive smoking is equally damaging and responsible for a short span of life. Smokers always face a challenge to quit it and often complain about some physical issues. In fact, smoking leads to cancer and all of us are aware that how much deadly this disease could be. And not only cancer but smokers are 30-50% more prone to any disease due to their weak immune system. So finally it is easily visible that smoking benefits on no way and it is the time to quit smoking to avoid some serious health disorders.
Harmful Effects of Smoking
People take to quit smoking very lightly because they always feel that they are not smoking to an extent which could prove deadly. Otherwise, one can get trapped in some serious health issues. The body parts which are highly affected by smoking habits are:
- Cardiovascular System: Heart and Blood Vessels are a part of the cardiovascular system. Smoking Cigarette damages heart tissues. Also, it raises one’s blood pressure and speeds up the heart beat. Tobacco contains chemicals which harm blood vessel walls and raises the possibility of clots within the vessels. Overall this can lead to serious heart strokes, which could prove to be very dangerous
- Lungs: Smoking damages our lungs and reduces its functioning power and capacity. The person gets tired easily and also suffers from the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease which is not curable. This all happens due to lack of adequate supply of oxygen to the brain. Now, one can observe that how drastic could be the effects of smoking. It is one of the major reasons for lung cancer.
- Skin: Skin gets damaged due to excessive smoking. Tobacco leaves its mark, and those who smoke are easily identifiable. Also, the area of mouth begins to darken.
- Cervical Cancer: Smoking is equally harmful to women. It affects different organs of their body. It is considered as one of the reasons for infertility and also become prone to cervical cancer due to this.
How to Control
It is not too hard to quit smoking if you have strong determination. You need to make up your mind and start following some of these quit smoking tips easy routine habits which will prove helpful:
- Gum or Candy: Cigarette is an addiction, and people can’t control it. When you are trying desperately to get rid of this bad habit you need something to replace it. Chewing gum or candy is a pretty good option rather than tobacco. Even it is observed that people start chewing gum to suppress smoking. It is certainly worth a try.
- Fix a Date: Make up your mind and circle a date of near future on your calendar. Don’t wait for a long time else you may lose your motivation. First, try to reduce the number of cigarettes intake in a day. Try to maintain that for a week. In the second week, some cigarettes should be half of the previous week. Gradually you can quit it.
- Think about its effect: Smoking in any form is not suitable for health. It gives trouble to lungs, heart, skin, and affects the immune and nervous system. Every single cigarette curtails your span of life. When you are feeling like lighting a cigarette, hold it for a bit. Try to delay it as long as possible and nibble something else. Increase your wait and see the difference in an hour.
Smoking is not only affecting you, but even your family is also getting its worst effects. Chain smokers have a regular cough, and it causes breathing trouble. In this polluted world, our children are already affected by air contamination so don’t add smoking to raise the pollution level. Get addict to your family members, your friends and your job, not to such useless things which can’t lead to you anywhere. Breathe fresh, live happily and stay happy.