Treatments of palpitations
Severity and cause of the palpitation determines the treatment. Many of the palpitations cause no harm, so they get healed of their own, without any treatment.
How to avoid triggers
If any palpitation is harmless, it may still be bothersome. The palpitations which can bother you may be advised by the doctor to get their triggering elements be off. The doctor’s suggestion may be in the following lines:-
i) Reduction of stress & anxiety because stress & anxiety are the causes of panic attacks and are responsible for harmless palpitations. For getting relief yoga or tai chi, relaxation exercises, guided imagery or biofeedback, aroma therapy may help you relax from the problem.
ii) Stimulants like nicotine, caffeine or alcohol to be avoided.
iii) Amphetamines and cocaine types of illegal drugs are to be strictly avoided.
iv) A few of the stimulating medicines which are used for curing cough & cold and a few nutritional and herbal supplements can also be the causes and so are also to be avoided.
Treatment of palpitation causing medical conditions
You must consult your doctor for treating the palpitation causing medical conditions. The example is overactive thyroid. In case you have been affected by some medicines that cause your palpitations, you need to report it to your doctor for the alternative. The patients with irregular heartbeats or arrhythmia can be the victims of palpitations.
Medical treatments for palpitations
If a person is suffering from atrial fibrillation or SVT (supraventricular tachycardia), for which heart beats become sometimes too fast, the medical intervention will diagnose the treatment for slowing down the heart beat rate. Uses of vasovagal manoeuvres in some cases become necessary for blocking the forces of adrenaline in our body system.
|You must also Read:|
|How Physiotherapy is Beneficial for Back Pain|
|How Swimming Exercises is The Best for Our Health?|
|Dehydration In Adults - Some Facts To Know|
A single intravenous injection of Adenosine can be given for resetting the cells of pacemaker and allowing the heart to regain its normal rhythm or normalcy. In some cases, the doctors may slow down the heart rate for temporary basis for defining the heart rhythm and after this the doctors will prescribe appropriate medications for controlling as well curing the problem. Calcium channel blockers or beta-blockers are the other types of medications, which might be suggested by the doctor.
The medical conditions or some heart rhythms such as Wolfe-Parkinson-White syndrome do have some particular electrical short circuits. For the treatments of these types of problems, high frequency electrical energy is administered for heart catheterisation. This treatment is also known as “burning”. Another form of treatment is use of high frequency ultrasound for destroying or ablating the normal electrical pathway, so that the patient can be removed from the problem.
In case the rapid heart rate is accompanied by low blood pressure, shortness of breath or chest pain, the condition is very much alarming and needs emergency medical attention. In this condition doctors will administer electric shocks, so that heart rhythm can be converted to slower &more stable rhythm.
Vagus nerve induced palpitation treatments
Severity and cause of the palpitation determines the treatment. In case palpitation is due to the defects in the heart muscle, some specialists are required for the examination and assessment, followed by the treatments. If the palpitations are due to the stimulation of the vagus nerve, it will hardly cause any defect in the heartIf anyone is under stress, the person’s blood pressure rises that leads to faster heart beats and ends with heart palpitations.
2) Bodily changes are obvious for any pregnant woman. The most important thing is, in this stage of pregnancy, the heart has to pump more blood for meeting the needs of both fetus and mother. Further to this, the heart has to undergo some stresses in this condition that results to heart beat rates’ changes. The progesterone level of the baby increases during this period. This is a hormonal change level, which makes the heart beat hard so that sufficient amount of blood can be supplied to the uterus. So, because of all these conditions the carrying mother will have some heart palpitations.
3) Excessive intakes of caffeine by the pregnant woman can cause their heart palpitations. Anxiety attacks can cause palpitations because of excessive caffeine intake.
4) Physical stress is not peculiar to the pregnant women. In this period, normally women are advised to do physical exercises for both baby & mother. In case the exercises are excessive, it will lead to physical exhaustion. And due to physical fatigue, any pregnant woman has heart palpitations or dizziness.
5) Anemia means deficiency in the red blood cell hemoglobin. In fact, hemoglobin is a protein available in the red blood cells. A pregnant woman must have sufficient amount of iron for producing essential hemoglobin. During pregnancy, a woman has double the amount of blood in the body, than before the onset of pregnancy. During this time, the carrying mother’s body makes more hormones from the increased amount of blood, so consequentially the need for iron in the body also increases.
In this condition, in case the demand of iron is not met, the problem of anemia is the obvious casualty, which will eventually lead to heart palpitations.
6) Deficiency of Magnesium causes palpitations for the pregnant women. The deficiency will symptomize as morning sickness, vomiting etc.
7) Drug abuses or side effects among pregnant women are a normal phenomenon. Those women who consume Nicotine or take some drugs for bursting anxiety are bound to have side effects during their pregnancies.
What are the preventive measures and their treatments for pregnant women?
A) Prevention of anemia that can cause heart palpitations and other problems for the pregnant woman is eating iron-rich diets along with Vitamin C.
Iron rich foods are prunes, raisins, apricots, green leafy vegetables, liver and eggs.
B) Magnesium Deficiency related heart palpitations can be prevented by consuming the foods, rich with Magnesium
The foods which are rich with Magnesium are nuts, green vegetables and whole grains.
C) Stress related heart palpitations can be controlled by taking exercises of deep breathing, massage, pre-natal yoga, listening to music, aromatherapy and meditation.
D) Medicinal side effects related palpitations can be prevented by immediate stoppage / discontinuation of the medicine(s) and replacing them with other suitable drugs, so that heart palpitations can be prevented & reduced.
To get rid of this problem, the pregnant mother must have adequate rest, sufficient sleep (at least 8 hours per day) and keep herself away from caffeine intakes
As said before, during pregnancy, heart palpitations are a common phenomenon. In case this condition is accompanied by excessive sweating, shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting and chest pain, a gynecologist will be the right help for the woman in this condition.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Be careful about monsoon season's darker sides|
|Surprising Causes Behind Constipation|
|Is Sugar Free Natura Healthy and Good for Health?|