Vision is one of the most important senses. Much of information we receive about the world around us passes to our brain through eyes. But now day’s eyes related diseases and eyesight problem are so common, that even small children are wearing thick glasses. So, parents having a big question how to improve eyesight naturally.Many factor influence vision quality. Which lead to several eye diseases?
According to Ayurveda lifestyle habits and diet are two major causes that have greatest impact on natural vision. For that reason, making some small yet significant changes to the way we live, the type of food we consume and to our eating habits and are the basic way to help naturally improve eyesight.
5 Way to Improve Eyesight:
1. Herbal Remedies
- Bilberry (vaccinium myrtillus) : The berries of this shrub are respected in many cultures as a treatment for the eyes and boost to vision. The anthocyanosides in bilberry fruit can strengthen capillaries. Their possible eye benefits give you a great excuse to include them regularly in your diet.Typical dosages 2 or 3 standardized capsules or tablet per day.
- Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis) : This herb has a tradition of uses for a variety of eye troubles, specifically watery eyes. it help relieve both swelling, irritation and improve the vision.Typical doses: drink 1 -3 cups of tea per day.
- Goldenseal (hydrastis canadensis) : This astringent can be used for tired, irritated and itching eyes. Goldenseal contain berberine, which constrict the blood vessel,and improve eyesight. Use any of these herbs in a compress as needed.
- Calendula(calendula officinalis) : Often called pot marigold, this plant produces a yellow flower traditionally used to soothe watery and irritated eyes. Typical dosages 1 cup of tea taken internally up to three times per day.
2. Push-ups exercise for eyes
During working for long time in front computer screen some exercise is needed.
- Every 10 minutes: simply look away from the computer screen at something at least 6 meter away.
- Every hour: additional eye exercise and stand up to move your neck and shoulders. Repeatedly change your focus from a near point to a far point. If you are able to see mountains, tree or any other variable-height horizon traces the outline with your eyes. If you are without a window, at least trace the corner of the room with your eyes. Then, without moving your head look far to the right and far to the left, up to ceiling and down to the floor.
Reading can also cause significant eye strain so if you read lot, remember to use these exercises.
3. Ayurveda Diet for up Eyesight
- Apple and grapes helps in up your visual modality.
- Carrots have sensible amount of vitamin A that proves to be one in every of the helpful natural treatment for enhancing your visual modality.
- Cucumber juice will wonders for your visual modality because it tries to boost eye sight.
- Addition of spinach in your diet is helpful. It purifies your blood, will increase the haemoprotein and improves your visual modality.
- Turnip, fresh milk, cheese, butter, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, soya beans, green peas, oranges and dates.
- Almond is good for eyes; it strengthens the vision, and calm mental stress. Take 1-2 t. daily with hot milk or sweet fruit crush.
- You’ll combine some cardamom seeds with one tablespoon of honey. Eat daily.
- Intense blueberry juice conjointly thought of be terribly helpful for your eyes.
4. Changes in life style
- Quiet smoking and drinking.
- Wear sunglasses.
- Regular eye check up is must.
- Regular eye exercise or yoga(pranayam and brahmari).
- Regular morning walk.
- Healthy diet.
5. Triphala Benefits for Eyes
Triphala is very helpful in treating impaired vision as it improves eyesight and strengthens the muscles of the eyes. It is helpful in curing various eye diseases like glaucoma, progressive myopia, cataracts, and conjunctivitis. It is also used to wash the eyes, in order to reduce their irritation, eyestrain and redness.
Triphala Ghrita : is indicated in diseases of eyes. Useful in many other eye troubles. Triphala nourishes the nerves and tissues of the eye. Cow’s ghee balances the vitiation of the vata dosha and normalizes it.
Triphala Eye Wash: Put a teaspoonful of Triphala powder in a glass of water (use of distilled water is preferable) , and let it stay overnight. Strain the water and wash the eyes with it.