Do you feel embarrassed with your dark underarms or armpits? Does this concern arises too much, thereby preventing you from choosing sleeveless tops? You have come to the right place to find the right answer to your question ‘how to lighten dark underarms?’
Before actually getting into remedies, let us find the causes behind dark underarms:
Causes of dark underarms:
The first and foremost thing you will have to remember is that dark coloration of skin in armpits or underarms does not actually mean that you have a disease or medical condition. The reason for this is that the darkness is generally caused due to the following reasons:
- Poor ventilation in that region of the body.
- Regular use of antiperspirants and deodorants.
- Building up of dead skin cells.
- Regular use of chemical-based hair removal creams.
In short, you should consider the darkness as the response of your skin when it is exposed to certain elements and it is something similar to suntan. So, now you know the causes and now it is time to understand how to get white skin?
Do you know that potatoes contain mild acidic properties? Yes, this property of this vegetable makes it a natural bleaching agent. Even, if your skin is sensitive, you need not worry about any irritation to your skin when you use potatoes to get smoother underarms. Here is how to use it:
- Just take a thin slice of potato and rub it on the area to be whitened for about 5-10 minutes and then rinse the same with lukewarm water.
- Another method you can follow is to grate a potato and can extract juice out of it. Then, apply the juice with the help of a cotton ball or even with your hands. Leave the juice in the area for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
You can use potatoes for this purpose for two times a day for quicker results.
Lemon can come handy:
Lemon is a fruit that is known to possess powerful antiseptic, antibacterial and natural bleaching properties. It is known for its cleansing properties as well and due to its acidic properties, besides acting as a whitening agent, it can also act as an excellent exfoliator in the removal of dead skin cells. However, it is better not to rely on this remedy, if you have sensitive skin. Otherwise, just try it out in a small area of your skin and if it does not cause any disturbance, you can use it to get smoother underarms. Here is how to use lemon to get rid of your problem:
- Just cut a lemon into two slices and rub one half of the wedge to your underarms for a few minutes before you get to bath. If you are looking for exfoliation, you can just sprinkle a little sugar on the lemon wedge before rubbing it to your underarms.
- Another method you can follow is to squeeze the juice out of a lemon and add a pinch of turmeric powder, honey or plain yogurt to make a thick paste. Leave the mixture for about 10 minutes before washing it off. This can be done for 3-4 times a week.
The important fact to remember when you use lemon is that it can make your skin dry and so never forget to use a moisturizer when you use lemon juice to get smoother underarms.
Just like potatoes, cucumber is also known for its skin lightening properties. It can also bring a cooling effect on your skin. Here are the ways to use cucumber to find answer to your question how to get white skin on underarms:
- Just rub the slices of cucumber directly to underarms or you can also grate the cucumber and can apply the extract to the dark area. Leave for 5-10 minutes before washing with Luke warm water. This can be done once or twice a day for better results.
- You can also take cucumber juice and can add turmeric and lemon extract for arriving at the consistency of a thick paste. Cucumber will bring a cooling effect, while lemon will work as a bleaching agent, besides helping to get rid of dead skin cells. Skin discoloration will be prevented by turmeric powder. This remedy can be used once or twice a day for better results.
Baking soda can be used as an effective homemade exfoliating scrub for whitening. This scrub will help in removal of dead skin cells that will result in unclogging of blocked pores, which is stated to be the important cause behind dark underarms. This remedy will also help in extermination of germs and bacteria for providing odor free and whitened underarms. Here is how to use this remedy:
- Just take some baking soda and mix it with water for forming a paste. This paste can be applied to dark underarms and the paste can be washed off after some time and the skin should be pat dried.
- As against water, rose water can also be used to get rid of dark underarms with baking soda.
In addition to these home remedies, sandalwood, vinegar, milk, and orange peel can also help you in finding answer to the question ‘how to lighten dark underarms’.
Apart from these home remedies, if you think that you will feel satisfied when you are able to get a branded cream or lotion for dark underarms, here is the list of products that are known to be effective in this regard:
- Meladerm Advanced Skin Lightener Cream.
- Skinception (Advanced skin lightener).
- Caspah Skin Lightener.
So, your answer to how to get white skin can be obtained with the above-mentioned home remedies. Let your underarms permit you wear sleeveless clothing without any hesitation with these remedies.