With the easy accessibility and availability of various devices like laptops, tabs, video games, etc. children spend more time inside the room and hence are less physically activities for kids these days. Which can lead to so many diseases and on top of that tuition classes, school and it homework will leave the child with no time to get involved in a physical activity and the major part of the day will be spend sitting or resting. Experts on health are trying their best to aware and encourage parents so that they make sure that the children are more involve in physical activities for kids as the concern for obesity, and its percentage is rising significantly.
Ways for Making Kids More Active:
- The tendency of children is to follow what their elders do so it is important to be a good role model. Let them see that using stairs is better than using elevators. Make sure you make your kids do more kids exercise at home and let them watch you and encourage them to exercise and engage in physical activities for kids more.
- Allow them to go out and play in the open. An hour of physical activity in open will be very beneficial for them, physically and mentally.
- Allow and encourage the kid to participate in a sport or any outdoor activity for example - Swimming, basketball, volleyball, football, cricket, tennis, badminton, hockey the list goes on.
- Avoid lying down soon after dinner. Walk around the locality or complex.
- If you own a pet, let your kid take the pet for a walk outside.
- If you kid is interested in dancing, encourage them and enrol them in the genre of their choice.
- Skipping rope, a step counter or even a small fluffy ball are also some of the exercises that can be very effective.
- Discuss with your child the advantages of living healthy more often. Make them understand the effects ii-health and diseases that surface due to a sedimentary lifestyle.
- Take your child along with you when you go shopping and let them pick up clothes and gear for exercising themselves.
- Take your child to the park in the neighbourhood more often. As there aren’t much of parks and gardens left in, make use of one if you have it.
- Take you children along with you to trips like campaigning and hiking in every few months. Spending more time around nature and living it roughly will also make them aware of the comforts they aimlessly enjoy at home
- If the child is not good in sports, boost their confidence and encourage them to struggle with it instead of giving up on it. It is important for you to make them understand activities for kids, it may take time but with efforts and patience, you can bring it all together.